This recipe works as well with turkey or hot sausage. You pick!
Acorn squash with Sausage Stuffing
1 medium Acorn squash
1/2 lb. Loose Italian Sausage ( turkey, pork or hot)
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 Tablespoon oil
2 cups dry bread cubes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut Squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds and place cut side down into a glass casserole dish. Add about 1/2 inch of water. Place uncovered on the center rack and roast about 45 minutes or until squash shell feels soft to the touch (it indents a little but doesn’t break).
2. While squash is roasting, sauté sausage, celery, onion and oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink.
3. Place sausage mix and bread in bowl, mix, add egg, mix again and place in casserole dish. Place in oven with squash and allow stuffing to thoroughly heat. See those bubbles in the squash dish? It was boiling!
4 Remove squash and place cut side up onto plate. Fill cavity with stuffing. Serve extra stuffing on the side with a salad.
- Strawberry Pop-Tart Ice Cream #SundaySupper on Raspberry Mousse for #SundaySupper
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce and Apple Slaw #SundaySupper on Mint Tea Slush for #SundaySupper Picnic
- Red Velvet Wedding Cake In A Jar #SundaySupper on Boston Cream Pie Trifle for #SundaySupper #DessertsInJars Inspirations