Almond Butter Cookies have a triple dose of almonds. You get almond butter, almond meal and almond extract, a true almond lovers treat!
If you like peanut butter cookies you’ll love a sweeter, tender cookie made with almond butter. almond butter can be substituted 1 for 1 with peanut butter.
Almond flour adds a lighter flour to the mix.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Beat butter, almond butter, shortening and sugars.
- Add egg and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add dry mix to wet mixture. Blend into a soft dough. Chill dough about 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Slightly flatten. Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes until set and golden brown. Cool on rack.
Enjoy these delicious cookies for day 8 of Our 12 Days of Cookies!
Almond Butter Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Eggnog Hugs from Making the Most of Naptime
Hungarian Poppyseed Pinwheel Cookies from Palatable Pastime
Kourambiedes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Melting Moments from Cooking With Carlee
Muddy Snowballs from Family Around the Table
Raspberry Coconut Cookies from Jolene’s Recipe Journal