Apple Lekvar Sweet Rolls swirled with juicy apples and prune filling. Drizzled with almond glaze.
Forty Bloggers from around the North America will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to cakes, danish, tarts, and pizzas – with 170 recipes, there is something for everyone! Our amazing Sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BrunchWeek giveaway. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
Enter the Rafflecopter below
Sweet Rolls stuffed with fruit filling add a bit of oooh to a brunch table. I like to unroll the bun and eat it bite by bite. Yes, I’m not ashamed to say that I play with my food!
If you are a fan of prunes and like apple butter then you get the idea behind lekvar. This spread is often used as filling for thumbprint cookies and kiffles. I like it on toast, too.
Of course it complements tart, sweet apples like these Lady Alice® apples from Rainier Fruit.
Here is what makes Lady Alice® apples special from Rainier Fruit’s website:
• Lady Alice® apples have a distinct pink stripe that washes over a vibrant banana yellow background, visually distinguishing it from other varieties.
• The Lady Alice® apple is decidedly sweet with a delicate infusion of tartness and has a crisp, juicy crunch that snaps cleanly with each bite.
• The Lady Alice® is an excellent all-purpose apple that is most popular for its snack-appeal, yet is perfectly suited to any occasion. It makes an attractive focal point on a fruit platter or a refreshing addition to salads and sides. It even holds its texture during cooking or baking.
Learn more about Rainier Fruit and their organic line of apples, blueberries, pears and cherries on their website.
Additionally, I could not have made these delicious sweet rolls without these sponsors.
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results.
For more than a century, home bakers have trusted the high quality and consistent performance of RED STAR Yeast. Inspiring bakers from novice to professional, our goal is your baking success! Visit redstaryeast.com for hundreds of tried & true recipes, baking tips and how-to videos. Better yeast. Better bread. Every time.
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas has been crafting the world’s finest vanillas and flavors since 1907. Each of Nielsen-Massey’s all-nature pure flavors are crafted with premium ingredients, sourced from around the world and chosen to meet the utmost quality standards. From lemon to peppermint to coffee or chocolate, Nielsen-Massey’s pure flavors offer convenience, quality and consistency to ensure your favorite recipes taste delicious every single time. All products are gluten-free, allergen-free, GMO-free, all-natural and Kosher.
- 1 pack Red Star Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk 120 degrees
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups Lady Alice apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/3 cup lekvar (prune filling)
- plus 4 Tablespoons melted butter to grease pan
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slices
- Mix together 1 pack Red Star Yeast, 2 Tablespoons Dixie Crystals sugar, salt, 1 1/4 cup flour.
- Mix in milk, butter and egg.
- Knead in the rest of the flour.
- Roll into a ball, cover and rest dough for 10 minutes.
- While dough rests, prepare filling.Bring apples, sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil. Simmer until apples are soft and syrup thickens. Cool.
- After 10 minutes, roll dough into a rectangle. Brush with lekvar. Top with apple mixture.
- Roll tightly and cut into 8 pieces. Brush 9x13-inch pan with melted butter. Place pieces into buttered pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place pan in a warm spot to double in size.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes until dough is flaky and brown on the bottom. Cool on rack.
- Mix together Dixie Crystals powdered sugar, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey almond extract, 1/4 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey vanilla extract. Drizzle over cooled buns. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Apple Cheddar Chop Bread from A Day in the Life of the Farm.
Apple Cinnamon Buns from Books n’ Cooks.
Apple Lekvar Sweet Rolls from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
Apple Hotteok (Fried Stuffed Pancakes) from kimchi MOM.
Apricot Danishes from Sarcastic Cooking.
Braided Apple Ginger Danish from The Spiffy Cookie.
Bourbon Banana Waffles from Forking Up.
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Muffins from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen.
Easy Popovers with Honey Butter from Hardly A Goddess.
Glazed Cinnamon Buns from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
Strawberry Rhubarb Almond Rolls from Wholistic Woman.
Ultimate Cheese Muffins from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner.
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Aloo Tiki with Apple-Tamarind Chutney from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Asparagus Salad from Cookaholic Wife.
Asparagus Caprese Salad from The Barbee Housewife.
Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart from Sew You Think You Can Cook.
Garlic Roasted New Potato and Asparagus Salad from An Edible Mosaic.
White Cheddar Pimento Cheese Spread from Love and Confections.
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Nielsen-Massey, Rainier Fruit, and Michigan Asparagus for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.