Busy days and busy nights make me wish for quick after work meals. Chicken Quinoa Skillet Dinner to the rescue! Chicken, quinoa and brown rice blended with colorful veggies make a healthy, eye-catching skillet dinner your family will love!
Add quick-cooking veggies like zucchini, carrots and onions for a complete meal.
- ½ pound chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup zucchini
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Moscato wine or white wine or additional broth
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 1¼ cups of broth to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until kernels pop and are chewy and tender.
- While quinoa cooks, saute chicken, zucchini, carrots, onion, thyme and red peppers in remaining broth and wine until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in rice, cooked quinoa and vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
Try these great 30 minute or less ideas for your Weekday Supper menu any night this week!
10/06/14 – Monday – Shrimp Curry (In A Hurry) by Chocolate Moosey
10/07/14 – Tuesday – Chicken Quinoa Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
10/08/14 – Wednesday – Creamy Pumpkin Sausage Pasta by eating in instead
10/09/14 – Thursday – Chicken, Broccoli and Bell Pepper Stir Fry by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
10/10/14 – Friday – Veggie Kebabs with Spicy Harissa Dip by Happy Baking Days
Follow the Sunday Supper Movement Weekday Supper Pinterest Board for great ideas all month long!