Chocolate Marshmallow and Peanut Butter Stuffed Donuts
What’s better than chocolate donuts? How about stuffing those beauties with fluff and peanut butter?
This month Sheryl from The Lady Behind the Curtain challenged us to another fun Dessert Challenge!
We were asked to pair chocolate pudding or cocoa with marshmallow.
I chose chocolate baked donuts for my cocoa part of the challenge and fluff for the marshmallow gooey goodness. I wanted a little crunch and more texture so I added a layer of crunchy peanut butter.
These chocolate cake donuts are moist and easy to make. Slice when completely cooled and spread one side with marshmallow fluff and the other with chunky (or smooth) peanut butter. I used about a tablespoon of each filling for each donut.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Lightly spray a donut pan with cooking spray or apply a light coating of oil with a paper towel.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together. In another bowl, mix together milk, egg and brown sugar. Cool butter and temper before adding so as not to cook eggs.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry mix.
- Fill donut cups about 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 325 for 10 to 12 minutes until donuts spring back under slight pressure.
- Cook in pan a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice in half and fill.
- adapted from http://hipfoodiemom.com
Ready for more great dessert ideas? We have you chocolate and marshmallow covered!