Philly Cheesesteak Bites #SundaySupper
Author: Cindy Kerschner
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 medium bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 ounces chipped steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces American cheese
- ½ cup part-skim mozzarella
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Saute peppers and onions in oil on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add steak and continue cooking until thoroughly cooked.
- While mixture is cooking, roll out pizza dough to about ¼-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Place about a teaspoon of steak mixture in the center of the dough. top with cheeses.
- Fold dough over and pinch shut.
- Bake on a parchment lined pizza pan or bake sheet. Bake at 450 for 6 to 8 minutes until browned and cheese melted.
- While cheesesteak bites bake, prepare sauce by combining tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat stirring constantly until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with warm steak sauce for dipping.
Recipe by Cindy's Recipes and Writings at http://www.cindysrecipesandwritings.com/philly-cheesesteak-bites-sundaysupper/