These yummy recipes will be the perfect thing to bring to your family gatherings and work parties this holiday season. If you would like to participate in the next Foodie Extravaganza, just go to the Facebook page to join. We would love to have you!
Usually I make my own eggnog but for this Fruity Eggnog Bread Pudding recipe I’m relying on store purchased to get a thicker consistency.
Raisins and craisins add just enough fruit and color. This bread pudding held up well for several days without getting soggy.
A bit of glaze seemed like a nice touch. So festive!
- 8 cups 1½-inch bread cubes
- ⅓ cup seedless raisins
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ cup craisins
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 Tablespoons brandy
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- nutmeg for garnish
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Place bread cubes into a large bowl.
- Toss fruit and brandy together. Add to the bread.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks and eggnog. Pour mixture over bread and fruit. Toss to coat. Let set 5 minutes for bread to absorb liquid.
- Grease a 8x8-inch glass baking dish with butter. Add bread pudding mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven until bread is browned and custard sets. about 40 minutes.
- Make glaze. Whisk together powdered sugar and water. Add water a little at a time to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over pudding. Serve warm.