Glazed Blueberry Cookies welcome spring with fresh blueberries tucked inside!
Welcome everyone! It’s time again to #FillTheCookieJar!
Every month our #FillTheCookieJar cookie loving group meets to share our best cookies and bars to fit the theme. This month we welcome the return of spring, cookie style!
Fresh blueberries tossed in a bit of flour will help keep your cookies from turning “blue”. I used a basic cookie dough recipe you can use for chocolate chip, nuts, marshmallows or candy pieces.
These cookies won’t last long, guaranteed! Switch it up a little by substituting lemon or orange flavor in the cookie or the glaze. Try mixed berries. Add a few white chocolate chips. No rules!
Thank you Cynthia Landrie from Feeding Big at http://FeedingBig.com for hosting this fun event!
If you would like to join in the fun, you can learn more and sign up at FeedingBig.com/fill-the-cookie-jar on Cynthia’s site.
Glazed Blueberry Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour plus 1/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons water
- Toss blueberries in 1/4 flour. set aside.
- Cream together sugars and butter. Add egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. add to creamed mixture.
- Scoop desired size cookies onto a baking sheet.
- Gently press in blueberries.
- Bake at 375 until golden brown.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and enough water to make a thin glaze. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Check out all these yummy spring cookies from us at #FillTheCookieJar !