I love to “oven fry” chicken coating lightly in olive oil and season breadcrumbs with different spices! This orzo dish can be made with chicken or vegetable broth. The quinoa adds a little nutty taste and texture which keeps this delicious side dish from being mushy!
Oven Fried Chicken with Cheesy Orzo and Quinoa
2 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix like Good Seasons
1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix breadcrumbs, cheese and seasoning together, set aside. Coat chicken with oil then crumb mix.
2. Place chicken in baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, flip then bake for about an additional 15 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 and juices run clear.
1/2 cup dry orzo
1/4 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth, divided
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1. In a medium saucepan, combine orzo with 1 1/2 cups broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until quinoa separates into spirals and most of the liquid is absorbed.
3. Combine orzo, quinoa, cheese and parsley. Stir and serve.