I’m not a big mixed drink consumer but I do appreciate a good Pink Cadillac.
No, not this Pink Cadillac. (Go ahead, play it I’ll wait… 😉 )
This Pink Cadillac Margarita. (See recipe below) 😉
My Pink Cadillac Margarita Cupcake plays with the flavors of cranberry, orange and lime with a bit of gold tequila tossed in too!
Thank you Heather from Girlichef.com for hosting this event! Cheers, Heather!
- ¼ unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup butter flavored shortening or addition ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ cups cake flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup cranberry juice or blend NOT cocktail juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons tequila
- In a standard mixer on low speed, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate measuring cup mix together cranberry juice, orange juice, lime juice and tequila.
- Add half the dry ingredients then half wet ingredients. Mix and repeat.
- Batter should be thick and spongy.
- Bake in lined cupcake pan at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes until set and test clean with inserted toothpick .
- Cool and top with your favorite frosting.
If you want to enjoy a Pink Cadillac Margarita with your cupcake (which I highly recommend) here is the recipe! The pink salt rim is colored with a few drops of cranberry juice.
1 1/2 oz. Top Shelf Tequila (Cuervo 1800)
splash of fresh squeezed Lime Juice (more Lime Juice for rim)
1 oz. Cranberry Juice
3/4 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce Grand Marnier or Cointreau
Shake with ice and strain. Serve over ice.
Enjoy these great takes on Margaritas from our group of talented bloggers!
National Margarita Day 2015
- Blood Orange Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Blood Orange Margarita from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Caramelized Grapefruit Margarita from girlichef
- Cinnamon Orange Margarita from Sweet Life
- Cool Margarita Mule from Peaceful Cooking
- Iced Coffee Margarita from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Minty Papaya Margarita with Chile de Arbol Spice from Nibbles and Feasts
- Pomelo Margaritas from Food Lust People Love
- Winter Pomelo Ginger Margarita from Muy Bueno Cookbook
- Blood Orange Margarita Jello Shots from The Spiffy Cookie
- Pink Cadillac Margarita Cupcakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salted Margarita Shortbread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Strawberry Lime Margarita Cupcakes from Wishes and Dishes
- Strawberry Lime Aide Margarita Popsicles from Simply Healthy Family