This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Snapple. The opinions and text are all mine. #TrueTeaTaste
Ah, summer. Time for fun with family and friends. I love throwing easy, relaxing themed get-togethers. Tea Parties are one of my favorites. Of course, for summer that means refreshing, ice cold tea.
Tea parties can be a lot of fun! You can hold a tea party anytime of day. Stage one for the perfect brunch, dinner or warm summer night fun.
Tapas or appetizers are often my go-to choice for food. Everyone can pick and choose what they want to try.
Offering a variety of tea adds to the excitement.
I love to give my guests a selection. Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea comes in five delicious varieties made from black, green and rooibos tea.
- Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea Unsweetened
- Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea Sorta Sweet
- Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea Sweet
- Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea Sorta Sweet Honey Green Tea
- Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea Rooibos
You can feel confident serving your guests Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea. Every Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea brings you true tea taste from all-natural ingredients. I love that Snapple® makes several levels of sweetness, too. No worries, there will be something for everyone to enjoy!
I also love the new, sleek bottle design! Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea bottles are easy to grip and have a sturdy base that’s perfect for parties.
Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea Sorta Sweet Honey Green Tea with a touch of honey and Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea Sorta Sweet Rooibos, blended with refreshing South African rooibos are now here for your enjoyment.
Learn more about all the Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea varieties here.
I chose to mix it up for this tapas party.
I’m offering something a little spicy with Spicy Crab Spread. This spread blends juicy crab meat, cream cheese, jalapeño peppers, horseradish and more served on garlic crostini.
A light canapé of cucumber topped with velvety Avocado Mousse is a great summer combo.
Mini Quiche are easy to make and you can personalize quiche with a number of add-ins. I mixed it these up with herbs, mushrooms and several kinds of cheese. You can add meat like ham or bacon or even seafood! Combine your choices any way you like.
- 1 9-inch Pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Swiss
- 1/2 cup cheddar
- 1/2 cup mushrooms diced
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup backfin crab meat
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp minced jalapeño pepper plus garnish
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped dill plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf French bread cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup whipped heavy cream
- Lime zest for garnish
- Sea salt for garnish
- 1 English cucumber
- Place thawed pie dough on a lightly floured board. Cut into 2 to 2 1/2-inch rounds. Gently press rounds into mini muffin tins lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Set pre-baked shells aside.
- Whisk together egg and cream. Pour into pre-baked shells and top with add-on of your choice.
- Bake an additional 12 to 15 minutes until egg mixture is set. Cool slightly before removing. Serve warm.
- Mix together oil and garlic. Brush both sides of bread slices with the oil mixture. Broil turning once until golden brown.
- Mix together crab, horseradish, jalapeño, hot sauce and seasonings. Blend in cream cheese. Spread mixture on toasted crostini.
- Mash avocado together with cilantro, lime juice in a food processor. Add cream cheese, blend.
- Place avocado mixture in a bowl. Fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate for several minutes while you prepare the cucumber.
- Cut cucumber into 1/2-inch slices. Gently hollow out a bit from the center to create a hole. Pat slices dry on a paper towel.
- Fill piping bag or spoon mixture into cucumbers. Chill before serving.
Recipes make 12 to 15 of each kind of tapa.
I found everything I needed to throw a great tapas party at Giant. All the delicious varieties of Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea are easy to find in this beverage aisle.
Let’s get this party started!
I’d love to hear your ideas for a Tea-rrific Tapas Tea Party in the comments below! Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea pairs so well with sandwiches, salads, barbeques and even desserts!