Turkey Ham Scalloped Potatoes and Kale skillet dinner. A hearty, gluten free dish based on a recipe by TR Crumbley.
This week Sunday Supper is showcasing Gluten Free Holiday Recipes!
This event is a two for! Not only is it an event for gluten free holiday recipes, but it’s an event in honor of TR Crumbley and cancer awareness. This is our chance to celebrate TR and his amazing personality, friendship, and love of food!
About TR Crumbley
TR was a software developer and owner of the website Gluten Free Crumbley, a gluten free lifestyle website with recipes and tips. He always was ready for anything especially dancing on the tables!
One recipe of TR’s in particular, caught my eye: Gluten Free Scalloped Potatoes with Ham and Kale. All things I love!
Here’s my version.
Cancer sucks. I’ve had precancerous growths removed. My guy has had to deal with skin cancer lesions, no fun. I’ve lost family and friends to different types of cancer.
I’ve also seen people beat the odds.
There is always hope for a cure. Many forms of cancer have been beaten. Early detection is often key.
Here is my version of this potato casserole. Turkey ham subs for the pork variety. I make mine in a skillet to brown the potatoes.
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups turkey ham gluten free chopped
- 3 cups kale shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan plus 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in large skillet. Add turkey ham and kale. When kale starts to wilt, add potatoes.
- Flip potatoes once to brown on both sides,
- Whisk together broth, cream, cornstarch and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Add to skillet. Simmer until thick. Salt and pepper to taste, serve. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Find TR’s original recipe for Gluten Free Scalloped Potatoes Ham and Kale the Sunday Supper Movement Website.
Enjoy these great gluten free recipes from Sunday Supper!
Sleigh Ride Starters
- Pepperoni Soft Pretzels by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Walnut Glaze by My Life Cookbook
- Savory Chickpea Banana Pepper Fritters by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- T.R.’s Mulled Cider Martini by Food Lust People Love
Seasons Greetings Sides
- Balsamic Braised Red Cabbage by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Au Gratin Potatoes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten Free Turkey Gravy by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing or Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Beets and Butternut Squash by Cooking Chat
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Squash With Cranberry Cider Glaze by The Crumby Kitchen
- T.R.’s Homemade Cranberry Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
Making Things Merry Main Dish
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Life Tastes Good
- Easy Mexican Chicken Bowl by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pork Fried Rice by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey Ham Scalloped Potatoes and Kale by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
Decking the Halls Desserts
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Fudge by Our Good Life
- Grandma’s Peanut Butter Balls by Cricket’s Confections
- No Bake Gluten Free Fudgy Brownies by Simple and Savory
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- The Worlds Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Brownies by Bites of Wellness
- White Chocolate Crème Brûlée by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.