Hi! Welcome and thanks for joining us as we Fill the Cookie Jar with some of our favorite ♥Valentine♥ cookie ideas!
But for today, we are saying it with COOKIES!
Chocolate Valentine Sandies #FilltheCookieJar
Author: Cindy Kerschner
- ¾ cup shortening or butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup candy hearts (optional)
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add water and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and cocoa.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. flatten slightly. Press in hearts if desired.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes on sheet before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.