Creamed Spinach Turkey Pasta transforms Thanksgiving leftovers into a quick skillet dish.
It’s the day after Thanksgiving. Another holiday meal under your belt. 😉
I’d spent days of preparing ahead for the big meal. I’d bake pies and cookies, make creamy fudge and pretzels in chocolate. Relish trays with pickles, olives, deviled eggs and assorted fruit, cheese and veggies for before dinner picking. Thanksgiving seemed to be over in a blink of an eye.
Except for those leftovers! Who wants the same stuff for days?
This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are here to help. Thank you Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure for hosting this event!
Turkey is the easiest leftover to switch into new recipes. We also like to snack on it just so. My dilemma comes when I only have a bit of mashed potatoes. a few glazed sweet potatoes and a few servings of veggies.
One easy recipe for using extra turkey and creamed spinach works every time! I add noodles and make a fast, easy skillet dinner. I’m including my recipe for creamed spinach just in case it’s not a feature on your dinner table.
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 cups cooked noodles (any pasta)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in flour until incorporated.
- Whisk sugar into milk to dissolve. Add milk to roux.
- Whisk over medium heat to thicken.
- Add spinach. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add turkey and noodles to creamed spinach. Heat thoroughly. Sprinkle with dried basil.
Enjoy all these creative ways to serve those Thanksgiving leftovers from Sunday Supper!
- Country Skillet Breakfast by The Freshman Cook
- Mashed Potato Craisin Bread by Baking Sense
- Sweet Potato Casserole Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- ‘Australian Pie’ – Leftover Turkey Pie with Raisins and Bechamel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas by Food Lust People Love
- Bubble Up Hot Brown Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cranberry Pork Tenderloin by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamed Spinach Turkey Pasta by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Apple Salsa by Food Done Light
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Turkey Pasta with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Alfredo Stuffed Shells by Palatable Pastime
- Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Pot Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Turkey Glass Noodle Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Turkey Grilled Cheese with Cranberry and Brie by Life Tastes Good
- Turkey Pot Pie Casserole by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Turkey Shepard’s Pie by Monica’s Table
- Baked Mashed Potato Pancakes by Pies and Plots
- Leftover Mashed Potato Puff Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Arroz Caldo with Turkey by Asian In America
- Bacon Egg Potato and Turkey Soup by Family Foodie
- Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemony Chicken-Lentil Soup with Couscous by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.