This week Sunday Supper rolls out the Red Carpet for award winning ideas to serve at your star-studded awards party!
Do you host or participate in the festivities surrounding Oscar night?
I’m always curious to see which movies are considered the best of the crop. I enjoyed The Hundred Food Journey. It was nominated for a Golden Globe.
What kind of movies do you prefer? I’m all over the board, myself. I love a smart comedy. A good suspense movie can usually peak my interest. Indie films are always worth checking out too!
Music is also a big part of Oscar night. Music sets the mood and moves the film along. Some of those songs can really get stuck in your head. Don’t worry, I’m not suggesting any. :)
Many thanks to by Katie of Ruffles & Truffles for hosting this event! Cheers Katie!
My Bow Ties and Tails Galore features tender shrimp served over bow tie pasta in a delicate cheddar and roasted red pepper sauce.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1½ cups half and half or 2 percent milk
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup chopped green onion plus 2 Tablespoons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, saute shrimp, cajun seasoning and 2 Tablespoon green onion in olive oil.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring milk, cornstarch and salt and pepper to a boil over medium heat. Whisk constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add peppers and cheese.
- Combine shrimp and pasta. Toss with sauce. Garnish with additional green onion.
May I have the envelope, please!
Enjoy these Red Carpet worthy meal ideas from the Sunday Supper Group!
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma’s Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu’s Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
Nominees for Best Course in a Leading Role:
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Nominees for Best Supporting Sips:
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Nominees for Best Delectable Desserts:
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
Nominees for Best Dressed Table:
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.