This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Strawberry Pesto Chicken serves up tender, juicy chicken topped with fresh Florida strawberries, basil, garlic and Parmesan in a light, aromatic sauce. Enjoy this delicious entree for your weeknight dinner or a leisurely Sunday Supper.
Just because there is snow outside, it doesn’t mean I need to stop enjoying my favorite fruit.
Sweet Florida Strawberries are available in stores all winter long from November through April each year.
If you don’t see strawberries from Florida where you shop, you can ask their produce or store manager to please carry Florida Strawberries.
They will be glad to include this Superfood on their shelves!
Florida Strawberries deliver a bundle of vitamins and nutrients to keep us going all winter long.
- Eight medium strawberries contain more vitamin C than one orange. Vitamin C helps boost your immune system just in time for cold and flu season.
- These little red powerhouses provide an excellent source of folic acid that helps the body metabolize protein. Protein from food helps build muscle, supports the nervous system and keeps our minds healthy and alert.
- Florida Strawberries are virtually fat free and contain no cholesterol. That makes strawberries a perfect addition to salads, smoothies and power bowls for healthier meals.
I love Florida Strawberries right from the box, just wash and they’re ready to go! No peeling or fussing.
Tune in and watch the Florida Strawberry Association and Strawberry Sue on YouTube for helpful strawberry-related news, year-round updates from the fields, special events and easy to prepare strawberry dishes.
Okay strawberry lovers, I have a cool contest to tell you about! How would you like to take a trip for 4 to the heart of where those delicious Florida Strawberries we all enjoy, get their start? Tour the strawberry fields and stay at the TradeWinds Island Resort in Saint Pete’s Beach, Florida!
It’s easy! Snap a photo of how you enjoy fresh, Florida Strawberries and post it on Instagram with the hashtag, #FLSTRAWBERRYCAP
Check out that adorable Florida Strawberry Cap you get FREE just for entering!
Enter as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning the trip. Florida Strawberry Caps are limited to one cap per household address.
#FLStrawberryCap Contest – Please visit http://floridastrawberry.org/flstrawberrycap-contest for contest information. Official Rules can be found at http://floridastrawberry.org/florida-strawberry-sweepstakes.
Hurry, contest ends February 12, 2017.
I love trying new ways to incorporate Florida Strawberries into my meals.
Chicken and strawberries go wonderfully together. Basil and strawberries as well as cheese and strawberries complement each other in flavor profiles.
Strawberries tame the wild mint quality of basil and balance the saltiness of cheese with a kiss of sweetness.
So a Strawberry Pesto Chicken dinner is a delicious idea. I know you’ll agree.
Combine Florida strawberries, basil and garlic in a food processor until blended.
Add cheese, salt and pepper. Process into a loose paste.
Place 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a baking dish. Add chicken. Top with 1/4 cup of pesto.
Cover and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Uncover and finish baking until temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Heat remaining pesto in the microwave for 20 seconds. Pour over chicken and serve.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Florida strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine Florida strawberries, basil and garlic in a food processor until blended. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Process into a loose paste.
- With motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Continue blending for about 30 seconds to emulsify the pesto.
- Place 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a baking dish. Add chicken. Top with 1/4 cup of pesto. Cover and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Uncover and finish baking until temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Plate and slice chicken on a bias.
- Heat remaining pesto in the microwave for 20 seconds. Pour over chicken and serve.
Food for Thought…What is your favorite memory associated with strawberries? Were strawberries a childhood favorite? Did your first love give you chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine’s Day? Maybe your Mom made strawberry shortcakes in the summertime? I’d love to hear your thoughts in a comment below!
Enjoy all these delicious recipes made with fresh, Florida Strawberries from the Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
- Balsamic & Brown Sugar Strawberry Canapés by My Sweet Zepol
- Fresh Mozzarella Strawberry Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Foccaccio by Healing Tomato
- Strawberry Avocado Crostini by Beauty and the Beets
- Strawberry Mango Salsa with Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chips by Meghan On The Move
- Feta and Strawberry Tabouleh Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Caprese Salad with Balsamic and Mint by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Panzanella Salad by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Butternut Squash and Strawberry Sauce by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Pork Chops with Balsamic-Strawberry Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken by Katie’s Cucina
- Strawberry Pesto Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Salad with Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Family Around The Table
- Lightened-Up Strawberry Mille-Feuille by Girl Abroad
- Roasted Strawberry Pavlova with Lemon Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberries Romanoff by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Pound Cake Kabobs With Chocolate Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.