This week Sunday Supper is highlighting Food That Travels. My Chicken Salad Skewers arrive neatly stacked and ready to eat! Lay these beauties on a fresh bed of lettuce and dinner’s ready!
I think it’s nice to have some cold choices at get-togethers. Most functions I go to station a grill guy or gal at the helm. Usually this cook flips the burgers, turns the chicken and chars the corn for the entire bunch of us!
A handy cooler full of refreshing bottled and canned beverages are close at hand.
I used to be the chip and pretzel gal. You have to admit bagged snacks travel well.
Now I try to be a bit more creative. Brownies and cookies are always a hit. But the more of those around the more likely I’ll never have room for that burger.
Chicken Salad Skewers can be made with whatever you like best in your salads. That’s the fun of it. Mix it up and offer different ingredients, different dressings and/or different greens.
The possibilities are endless!
For these chicken salad skewers I stacked chunks of white meat, red bell peppers, red onion slices and celery slices for crunch. Assorted grape tomatoes and assorted grapes burst with flavor. So juicy!
I washed a head of Red Romaine leaves to take along in a bag.
Poppyseed dressing seemed like a great choice. Take an unopened jar and several bowls to serve it in.
When you get there arrange the lettuce on a platter, lay the skewers on top and pour the dressing!
- 2 8-ounce chicken breasts
- 2 cups mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1/2 medium red onion cut in wedges
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 rib celery thinly sliced
- 1 head romaine or greens of choice
- 1 bottle purchased or homemade dressing
- Soak skewers 30 minutes before use to avoid splintering.
- Grill, pan fry or bake chicken. Cut cooked chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Alternate ingredients to fill skewers.
- Serve on a bed of greens with dressing on the side.
Enjoy these Foods that Travel recipes from Sunday Supper!
- Almond Flour Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Cherry Blueberry Pie by Pies and Plots
- Cherry Pound Cake with Lime Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Classic Carrot Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Italian “Tiramisu e’ Baci” Brownies by La Bella Vita Cucina
- No Bake Banana Pie in a Jar by Our Good Life
- No Bake Millionaire Shortbread Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bars by What Smells So Good?
- Triple Berry Cheesecake Crisp by Wallflour Girl
Mains in Motion
- Baby Back Pork Loin Ribs by The Freshman Cook
- BBQ Chicken on the Grill to Go by Family Foodie
- Chicken Salad Skewers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cobb Salad in a Jar by Life Tastes Good
- Farro with Eggplant and Tomato by Cooking Chat
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole by Simply Healthy Family
- Pan Bagnat (Provençal Tuna Sandwich) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pastitsio by Food Done Light
- Roasted Vegetable Tart by Adventures in All Things Food
- Spinach Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegan SuperFood Bowl by Sustainable Dad
- Vegetarian Muffaletta by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Golden Sand Corn-Jin Sha Yu Mi by Curried Cantaloupe
- Grilled Corn, Bean & Radish Salad by Feeding Big
- Heirloom Tomato Salsa by Nosh My Way
- Indian Corn Pudding by Delaware Girl Eats
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Parmesan Pasta Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pomodoro Fresco Pasta Salad by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cherry Crumble No-Bake Energy Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Energy Balls by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sunflower Seed Oatmeal Bars by Magnolia Days
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.