Autumn is officially here. Shorter days and cooler nights. All the leaves showing their true colors. Vivid reds, oranges and yellows peeking through the trees. Time for pumpkins, hayrides, corn mazes and apple picking. Time to break out my flannel shirts, and pack away the shorts.
Oh, and the food!
Crockpot beef stew filling the kitchen with mouth-watering promises. Apple crisp and warm cider. Roasted Butternut and Acorn squash appears in soups or stuffed and pumpkin everything.
This week Sunday Supper welcomes fall and celebrates autumn flavors!
I couldn’t decide which symbol of fall foods to choose. So I did what I usually do when faced with a similar situation. Try to use a few together in one dish!
That explains the extra long title this week.
Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls!
I love applesauce in just about anything. By itself, baked in cake or added to pork chops with a bit of cinnamon of course!
Peanut butter reminds me of fall. That’s the time to harvest the roasting ones. When the leaves turn yellow. As far as cream cheese goes, do you really need to pair it with a season? I feel cream cheese is a 4 season treat.
I’m ready to sit down with a piece of this cake, some warm apple cider and a good book. There is plenty here. Will you join me? What can I get you to drink?
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Cream together cream cheese, peanut butter, egg and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar. Add egg and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon. Fold into wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into an 8 x 8-inch greased and floured pan.
- Drop peanut butter cream cheese by spoonfuls on top of batter. Run a knife through the batter to swirl in the cream cheese.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 35 to 40 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy these first tastes of fall from Sunday Supper.
Check out A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper and this week’s recipe collection:
- Apple-Currant Dutch Baby Pancake by The Weekend Gourmet
- Apple Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread by Party Food and Entertaining
- Giant Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Appetizers and Sides
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Pancake Warriors
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Love and Confections
- Roasted Veggie Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Roasted Veggies & Couscous by Momma’s Meals
- Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Soup by Food Done Light
- Curry Beef Pies by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fantasy Rice by The Petit Gourmet
- King Prawns in Red Sauce – Mauritian Style Creole Sauce by Peachy Tales
- Pasta with Creamy Butternut & Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Sauce and Arugula Salad by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Vegetables by The Complete Savorist
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash by Feeding Big and More
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Bacon/Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Gouda Life
- Salt Roasted Salmon over Roasted Butternut & Yam Soup by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Delicata Squash and Olives by Foodie Tots
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup by Eating in Instead
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables by Life Tastes Good
Desserts and Cocktails
- Apfelkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Gingersnap Refrigerator Dessert by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Autumn Bellini by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Spice Cookies by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Napoleons by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bundles by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut and Pear Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate-Espresso Pumpkin Tiramisu by Brunch with Joy
- Dutch Apple Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Crisp by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake by Flour On My Face
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Pears by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Pear Cake by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sweet Apple Skillet Cake by Nosh My Way
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.