Serve Batter-dipped Turkey Tenders when chicken tenders just will not do.
I eat very little deep fried foods. Breaded, oven-fried chicken and fish usually win out.
But there are times when I crave something crunchy and satisfying like crispy fries or beer-battered anything. Bite into a light, flaky, crunchy coated slice of turkey tenderloin and you’ll wonder why you never thought of making turkey this way before!
Beer batter knocks this dish out of the park. Hmm, park, picnic, turkey tenders, I see a great idea brewing (pun intended).
Best part is you can eat these treats with your fingers. That’s a good thing since this week Sunday Supper serves up our favorite finger-licking good finger foods!
Create a dish that doesn’t need a knife and fork, or even chopsticks to get it to your mouth.
Less dishes right? 😉
Beer batter-dipped foods add a lighter crust that seals in the juices of meat. This is a great way to make turkey since turkey easily winds up dry or overcooked.
Remember to serve plenty of napkins. Oh and steak fries go great with these too!
- 1 pound turkey tenderloin cut into strips
- 6 ounces light beer or lager
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- oil for frying
- Whisk together beer and egg
- in a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and seasoned salt. whisk into to beer mixture
- let batter set for about a minute to thicken
- dip turkey pieces in batter and fry at 350 until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Drain on a paper towel and serve with your favorite dipping sauce
Our host for this event is Christie Campbell from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures . Thanks Christie!
Enjoy all these great finger food ideas for dinner from Sunday Supper!
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Piroshki (Russian Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Italian Fried Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Spicy Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potatoes by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Crunchy-Coated Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Lasagna Cupcakes by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Bite-sized Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
I’d love to hear about your favorite finger foods! Leave a comment below to join in the fun!