Make Every Meal Count
This phrase is a great reminder of not only how important what we eat is to our health but also in what quantity. The Beef Checkoff has a program that helps you with your protein intake for each meal.
Monitoring meals doesn’t need to boring. The 30 Day Protein Challenge is a fun, step-by-step way to help you get an optimal amount of protein throughout your day. Significant research shows that some people can lose and/or maintain a healthy weight, support a healthy metabolism, and age more vibrantly when they consume more high-quality protein, within calorie goals.
This easy quiche recipe has 3 types of protein. Beef, cheese and eggs round out this breakfast with 27 grams of protein per serving.
I especially like the versatility of this recipe. You can use leftover beef roast or freshly prepared steak pieces. I used half and half instead of cream but milk or part milk will work as well.
Grating your own cheese for this dish is the way to go. Many packaged shredded cheese contain agents to keep the cheese from clumping. Unfortunately these additives hinders the melting process. I like my quiche smooth and creamy. I bet you do too.
Minced shallots and a bit of thyme brings out the wonderful umami taste of beef.
- 1 pie crust, homemade or purchased
- 12 ounces shredded cooked beef
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme plus sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place shell in pie pan. Cover edges with foil. Place a sheet of foil inside and add pie weights. Bake 5 minutes remove foil keep edges covered and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Add beef and shallots. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half and thyme. Pour over beef and cheese.
- Bake on center rack for about 25 minutes until golden brown and eggs are almost set.
- Remove and allow to set 10 minutes before cutting.Residual heat will finish cooking the eggs.
1 serving contains 27 grams of protein.
You can find more ways to add protein to your diet with these timely tips: Easy Ways To Add Protein
Take Control and challenge yourself to 30 days of eating protein-rich foods at every meal and feel the difference. Make Every Meal Count.
Explore your options and sign up for the 30 Day Protein Challenge here at The Beef Checkoff.
Need more encouragement? We’re here for you! Follow the Sunday Supper Protein Packed Recipes Pinterest Board for new ideas and recipes!
Sunday Supper Protein Packed Recipes Pinterest Board .
Connect to The Beef Checkoff social media sites for news, recipes and updates!
Sunday Supper is here to help you meet the 30 Day Protein Challenge with these great recipes made with beef!
Start your day deliciously:
- Avocado Crostini with Beef and Eggs by Whole Food | Real Families
- Beef and Cheddar Quiche by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Migas by Shockingly Delicious
- Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mexican Shredded Beef Breakfast Burritos by Magnolia Days
- Philly Cheesesteak Breakfast Wrap by Family Foodie
Power up at lunch:
- Beef Gyros by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Shaking Beef Cobb Salad by Nosh My Way
- Flank Steak and Caramelized Onion Flatbread by In The Kitchen With KP
- Taco Pasta Salad by Alida’s Kitchen
- Ultimate Mushroom Swiss Patty Melt by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Yam Nuea Yang (Spicy Thai Beef Salad) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Make a fantastically satisfying Sunday Supper:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quinoa Skillet by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Tenderloin with Ratatouille by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Beef Teriyaki Kabobs by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gochujun (Korean Stuffed Pan-fried Peppers) by kimchi MOM
- Pan Seared Steak with Garlic Butter by Life Tastes Good
- Whisky Marinated Skirt Steak with Chimmichurri Sauce by Food Done Light
- Spinach Stuffed Steak Pinwheels by The Dinner-Mom
Get your knife supply ready:
- Four Essential Knives by the Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.