This week Sunday Supper explores Warming Trends! Soups, stews, warm desserts and drinks to name a few. What keeps you warm when the weather cools? I’m a soup nut. Truth be told I eat soup year-round but cold weather soups are my favorite.
I’ll never pass up a hearty beef stew or creamy potato soup. When I go out and the meal choice is soup or salad, well soup usually wins. If New England Clam Chowder is on the menu, I’m a taker. That soup is my gauge for rating a restaurant. Good soup, especially chowder I will remember.
For today’s Sunday Supper I made Beef Brats and Beans Soup. Smoky beef brats, black beans, kale and potatoes round out this satisfying soup. Hearty but not heavy. Enjoy a cup before your main meal or a bowlful with some crusty bread for dinner. I toasted potato hot dog rolls to sop up that beefy broth!
- 4 all beef brats cut into bite-sized pieces
- 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups yukon gold or white potatoes, peeled cubed
- 1 32-ounce package beef broth or homemade
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Maggi. Kitchen Bouquet or vegetable seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth, potatoes, onions and brats to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add kale and seasoning. Cook until potatoes, onions and kale are tender.
- Stir in beans and heat thoroughly.
- Serve with crusty bread if desired.
This week’s event is being hosted by the T.R. Crumbley from Gluten Free Crumbley. T.R. has some amazing recipes. Find his blog here: Gluten Free Crumbley . Thanks for hosting, T.R.!
Chase those chills with these great ideas from Sunday Supper!
- Drunken Pumpkin Spice Latte by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hot Mulled Caramel Apple Sangria by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mexican Atole by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Hot Spiked Apple Cider by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Apple Pear Crisp by The Freshman Cook
- Bananas Foster by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Fudge Pudding Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honeycrisp Apple Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkins by Desserts Required
- Warm Cardamom and Coconut Rice Pudding by Fearless Dining
Main Dishes and Soups
- Beef Brats and Beans Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Pot Pie with Herbed Biscuits by From Gate to Plate
- Best Ever White Bean and Mushroom Soup by Pancake Warriors
- Braised Venison with Plums by Food Lust People Love
- Butternut Squash Chili by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Pears and Sage by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Carbonnade Flamande by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Classic Italian Meat Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Hearty Chickpea Soup by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Creamy Stove-Top Alfredo with Bacon and Green Beans by Peaceful Cooking
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Noodles by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Curry Debal by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Sweet Potato Soup by Healing Tomato
- Easy Zuppa Toscana Soup Copycat by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- French Onion Soup by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Gingered Butternut Squash Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Hearty Turkey Lentil Soup by A Gouda Life
- Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup by Party Food and Entertaining
- Mango Habanero Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Oxtail Stew by Nosh My Way
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Red Lentil Soup by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Roasted Squash Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Turkey Enchilada Casserole with Salsa Verde by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker English Roast by Wholistic Woman
- Slow Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy by Feeding Big
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Spice Rubbed Braised Beef by FamFriendsFood
- Spicy Meatball Tortilla Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Sweet Potato Soup with Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Chipotle Chili by The Complete Savorist
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Ham by Big Bear’s Wife
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.