Beefy Chili Mac made slow cooker easy. Chunks of tender beef, tomatoey sauce and pasta in one bowl!
This week our #SundaySupper group is breaking out our slow cookers!
Slow cooker recipes are undeniably a hit right now, especially with the Fall and Winter months coming up! There’s no question why — there’s nothing like good, slow cooked comfort food that sticks to your ribs and just makes you happy. Plus, you can set it and forget it — there’s just nothing like slow cooked food. For this Sunday Supper, bring your best slow cooker comfort food recipes to the table. Whatever makes you happy when you need some slow cooker comfort food!
Beef Chili Mac reminds me of the days when I needed to stretch leftovers into tonight’s dinner. That can be a good thing. I created new favorites by combining old ones. Win, win!
Leftover roast, some tomato paste, seasonings and leftover macaroni made some tasty dinners.
I like chili made from beef roasts much better than hamburger types of chili. It reminds me of Sloppy Joes, which are great on a bun but no so much fun in a bowl!
For this version of chili mac, I slow cooked a Certified Angus Beef ® brand top round roast.
You can make the roast a day ahead like I did or cut it and put it back in the slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients.
Either way you get a great meal with little effort.
Beefy Chili Mac
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds top round roast (I use Certified Angus Beef ® brand)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce can tomato paste)
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon annatto
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Season roast with salt and pepper. Place it in slow cooker with beef broth. Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until fork tender and can be shred.
- Remove cooked roast and shred. Reserve broth.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 2 cups liquid.
- fry onion and garlic in oil.
- Mix together tomato paste, reserved broth, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, smoked paprika, annatto, and salt. Add enough of the pasta water to form a sauce. Add onions mixture.
- Place beef, sauce and pasta in slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 hour. Serve with sour cream, green onion and shredded cheese if desired.
Food for Thought…Which meals bring back memories of slow cooked comfort food? Maybe a favorite casserole? Soup or stew? I’s love to hear your thoughts in a comment below!
Try these Slow Cooker Comfort Food Recipes this season from #SundaySupper
Desserts, Breakfasts, and Sides
- Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Slow Cooker Banana Coconut Pudding by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Baked Apples by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Slower Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by Our Good Life
- Beef Brisket in Slow Cooker by Life Tastes Good
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff by Flour On My Face
- Crockpot Cabbage Rolls by My World Simplified
- Slow Cooker Asian BBQ Pork by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Asian Garlic-Ginger Meatballs by The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Cube Steaks Paprika by Hardly A Goddess
- Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Chicken by Cricket’s Confections
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak by Soulfully Made
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Swiss Steak by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Tinga de Pollo Poblano by Cooking On The Ranch
Soups, Stews, and Pastas
- Beef Massaman Curry (Slow Cooker) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Beefy Chili Mac by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Kid Friendly Mac and Cheese in a Crockpot by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork & Lentil Stew by Gourmet Everyday
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup by Bites of Wellness
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Mexican Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stew by The Freshman Cook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.