Beer Steamed Shrimp Salad offers the subtle flavors of lager with lime steamed shrimp in a savory yogurt-based cilantro dressing. Perfect for a quick night dinner or lazy Sunday meal.
This week, Sunday Supper brings our best Summer Dinner Salad Recipes to the table!
May is here, which means summer is almost upon us! What better time for refreshing dinner salads? There is so much potential in a summer salad — it’s the perfect way to play with flavors and create a meal that’s light and delicious. Bring your best summer dinner salad recipes to the table and let’s celebrate that incoming warm weather!
We eat salads all year long. I even recently won a salad contest held by Certified Angus Beef Brand.
Shrimp plays a major part in my summer salads. A quick, easy steam and shrimp are ready for whichever meal you have in mind. Serve shrimp as is or turn them into a flavorful salad to use in sandwiches or top your best greens!
A light beer like a lager works best for steaming shrimp. Leave the shells on. As the shrimp cooks, it kind of gets basted by the rising steam. The steam condenses on the lid and trickles over the shrimp.
Kitchen Hack of the Day… I use my pasta pot with the insert to steam shrimp. The pot cooks evenly and the stainless cleans up so nice. Much better use than steaming with those flimsy baskets.
Cinco de Mayo was still fresh in my memory when I thought of the cilantro lime dressing. These flavors blend perfectly with a lighter beer enhanced shrimp.
Beer Steamed Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound shrimp, shells on
- 12 ounces lager, pilsner or light ale
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay or seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced green stuffed olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- lettuce, tomato optional
- Mix together yogurt, 1 teaspoon lime juice, seafood seasoning, olives cilantro, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add beer and remaining lime juice to a pasta pot. Add shrimp, cover and bring to a boil.
- Continue steaming, covered until shrimp are pink and fully cooked. Cool. Reserve a few shrimp for garnish. Chop remaining cooled shrimp. Add dressing, toss. Serve over a bed of greens with tomatoes if desired.
Food for Thought…What is your go to salad? Do you keep salad ingredients on hand? Dressings: bottled or homemade? I would love to hear your ideas in a comment below!
Enjoy all these Sunday Supper Summer Dinner Salad Recipes all season long!
Brilliant Beef Salads
- Grilled Greek Steak Cobb with Greek Goddess Dressing by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Keilbasa and Warm Mustard Viniagrette Salad by Our Good Life
- Healthy Steak Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette Beef Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Southwestern Steak Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Choice Chicken Salads
- BBQ Chicken Salad by Palatable Pastime
- BBQ Chicken Avocado Hemp Seed Salad by Family Foodie
- Caribbean Chicken Quinoa Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Chicken Fried Picnic Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Salad with Orange and Fennel by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chrissy’s Cobb Salad by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Panzanella Salad with Chicken Sausage by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad by Jersey Girl Cooks
Superb Seafood Salads
- Beer Steamed Shrimp Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Crab Salad with Chili, Tomato and Avocado by Monica’s Table
- French Lentil Salad Nicoise-Style with Seared Tuna by Caroline’s Cooking
- Red Camargue and Wild Rice Salad with Tuna by Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Cod and Edamame Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Seared Ahi Tuna Salad with Key Lime-Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Shrimp & Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Vibrant Veggie Salads
- Chopped Greek Salad by Soulfully Made
- Farmers Market Quinoa Salad by And She Cooks
- Iron Chef Morimoto Inspired Salad by NinjaBaker.com
- Kale Guacamole Salad by Pies and Plots
- Kale Superfoods Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Loaded Chopped Salad by Simple and Savory
- Muffuletta Pasta Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.