Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad tosses sweet blueberries with crisp cukes and salty feta. Drizzle it in minty honey lemon dressing.
Today’s Sunday Supper is all about the Red, White and Blue! That would be red, white and/or blue food. ;).
I wanted to make a salad with blueberries that I hadn’t tried before.
I had some feta I need to use up. You can’t let good cheese go to waste!
English cucumbers work well in this recipe. I dice them, toss with a bit of salt and let drain on paper towels. Like any recipe with cucumbers, they need to be dry. Unless you are making cucumber flavored waters. Ha!
So blue and white it is! You could always toss some watermelon in here and go red, white and blue all the way!
Thank you DB aka Foodie Stuntman of Crazy Foodie Stunts for hosting this event!
In case you were wondering what’s up with that crazy spoon, funny story. I’ve been down for two weeks with the flu and kind of rushed my photos. I snapped a bunch and checked them on the camera.
I ate the salad, I really needed the antioxidants in those little blue balls of goodness!
When I processed the pictures, there I was, staring back at me. My reflection was in almost every spoon picture. So photo shop to the rescue! Has this ever happened to you?
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup English cucumbers diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toss cucumber pieces in salt. Spread on paper towels to absorb moisture.
- Mix together blueberries, cucumbers and feta.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, honey and mint.
- Pour over blueberry mixture. Toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least an hour before serving.
Enjoy these Red, White and Blue recipes from The Sunday Supper Group!
Food Using One Color
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Food Using Two Colors
Red and White Food
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
Blue and White Food
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
Red, White and Blue Food
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma’s Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline’s Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.