Boozy Watermelon Slushies serve up frozen watermelon and Zinfandel with touch of lime and raspberry. Refreshing sippers to cool summer heat.
Watermelon and summer go hand in hand. Big slices of ripe, red juicy watermelon appear on picnic tables everywhere.
If you’re like me, you tend to over buy watermelon. The last thing I want is to run out!
Consequently I have leftover watermelon. So what do I do with it? I freeze it!
Frozen watermelon can be a great treat by itself. You may need to thaw it a bit to get it apart!
I like using frozen fruit in drinks. You can skip the ice. No more watered down slush, shakes or smoothies.
The trick to using frozen fruit in drinks is to not over process it. Peaches, melons, cherries and berries all make great cold drinks.
Here is a strawberry cantaloupe smoothie using frozen fruit. You can serve it over ice too!
This watermelon drink gets its zing from Zinfandel and Chambord. I balanced the flavor with a bit of lime juice.
If your watermelon isn’t as sweet as you would like, just add a bit of simple syrup or honey!
Boozy Watermelon Slushies
- 2 cups frozen watermelon chunks
- 1/2 cup Zinfandel
- 1 teaspoon Chambord Liqueur
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup or honey (optional)
- Place frozen watermelon, wine, lime juice and Chambord into a blender. Roughly chop on "ice" setting before switching to puree setting.
- Blend just until smooth. Taste. Add simple syrup if needed.
- Pour into tall glass and enjoy!
For a mocktail, omit alcohol and substitute with water, lime juice and simple syrup to taste.
Watermelon Slushies can be made without alcohol. Replace the wine and Chambord with water, lime juice and simple syrup to taste.
Food for Thought…Which frozen fruit would your make into slushies? What kind of wine would you use?
Enjoy these great drinks for summer ideas from Sunday Supper!
Classics with a Twist
- Blackberry Gin Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Boozy Rootbeer Float 2 Ways by My Life Cookbook
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri by Restless Chipotle
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pimm’s Cup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiked Arnold Palmer Cocktails by Hardly A Goddess
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic Cocktail by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Make Mine a Mocktail
- Florida Cider Caipirinha by Gourmet Everyday
- Raspberry Lemon Blush by Our Good Life
- Screwmosa Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Skip and Go Naked by Positively Stacey
- Spiked Spa Water by Simple and Savory
Tasty and Tropical
- Blackberry Mojitos by The Chef Next Door
- Fresh Cherry Margaritas by The Crumby Cupcake
- Frozen Peach Margaritas by Pies and Plots
- Perfect Pina Colada by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Pineapple Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop by Soulfully Made
- Boozy Watermelon Slushies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cantaloupe Wine Slushie by Family Around the Table
- Cava Sangria by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Red Wine Sangria with Spiced Peaches by Cricket’s Confections
- Pink Lemonade Sangria by Baking Sense
- Sparkling Chambord Sangria by Books n’ Cooks
- Watermelon Sangria by A Mind Full Mom
For even more inspiration check out these Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.