Broccoli Slaw takes crunchy broccoli, slivers of carrot, peppers, celery and more tossed in a Honey Lemon Dressing. A fun, nutritious dish that’s great for picnics.
This week Sunday Supper is packing up and taking it outside! That could only mean one thing.
It’s Picnic Time!
Picnics can be a bit more challenging than cookouts.
You need to pack food safely and avoid spills. Hot foods must stay hot and cold foods must stay cold.
Here is link to an article I published on food safety.
One advantage a picnic has over a cookout is a picnic is all about the food.
By that I mean, you plan a spot to enjoy breaking out the containers, plates and plastic flatware. Spread a blanket or pile a picnic table with goodies. Grab drinks and enjoy!
I like hiking to a spot. Getting there is fun. The food is our reward!
Broccoli Slaw, some Italian hoagies and cold water or iced tea is all I need.
Of course a picnic in the yard can be fun too!
I like to build texture by adding vegetables cut into different sizes and shapes. Chopped, diced, and shredded all working together!
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced red pepper
- 2 teaspoons diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss together vegetables.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice and honey. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over vegetables. Toss and serve.
Food for Thought…What kinds of salads do you take along on picnics? I’d love to hear your ideas in a comment below!
Hosting our Picnic Event this week is the hostess with the mostess, awesome Christie Campbell. Visit her at A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures Thanks Christie!
Best Picnic Recipes to Enjoy at the Park #SundaySupper
Starters, Skewers, and Sandwiches al Fresco
- Antipasto Skewers by Soulfully Made
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Italian Layered Portable Picnic Jars by The Weekend Gourmet
- Low Carb Ham Pinwheels by Cricket’s Confections
- Patatas Brava Chorizo Sausage Rolls by Food Lust People Love
- Refrigerator Pickled Ratatouille Vegetables by My Life Cookbook
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps by The Crumby Kitchen
Stow-and-Go Sides and Salads
- Authentic German Potato Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Broccoli Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marinated Zucchini and Summer Squash by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad by Family Foodie
- Southern Cornbread Salad by Gourmet Everyday
- Summer Quinoa Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon and Avocado Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Whole30 Cauliflower Potato Salad by Bites of Wellness
Drinks and Desserts for Outdoor Dining
- Banana Snack Cake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Hand Pies by Our Good Life
- Cantaloupe Mint Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Cherry Poke Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Caramel Layer Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Cherry No Bake Bars by The Freshman Cook
- Mixed Fruit Drink by Basic N Delicious
- Rice Krispie Sushi by NinjaBaker.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.