Candy Cane Tassies wrap moist, tender brownie in a cookie crust with candy cane bits. Minty, chocolaty goodness!
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week! Enjoy 5 days of terrific Christmas cookie recipes from over 40 food bloggers and a giveaway too! Thank you Ellen Folkman from Family Around the Table for hosting this event!
I love cookies any time of year but at Christmas…
I turn into Cookie Monster!
So for Day one of #ChristmasCookies week I wanted to share a new tassie with you. I fell in love with these little cookies about a year ago. Simply put, tassies are little cookie crusts filled with your favorite fillings.
Some cookie crusts are have nuts most are made with a base of butter, cream cheese, sugar and flour.
Candy Cane Tassies have bits of crushed candy canes in the dough and sprinkled on top. A simple chocolate brownie filling works perfectly with the peppermint cookie base.
Candy Cane Tassies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons crushed candy cane pieces
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon crushed candy canes for decoration
- cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add flour and candy canes. Beat into smooth dough.
- Divide dough into 12 equal balls. Press into individual mini muffin tins. Smooth evenly on bottom and up sides.
- Whisk together egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add a bit of egg mixture to slightly cooled chocolate to temper it.Add chocolate into egg mix. Whisk out any lumps.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of brownie mixture to each cup. Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes until brownie is set and cookie slightly browns,
- Cool in tin on rack for several minutes before removing tassies. Carefully loosen and allow tassies to cool on rack.
Enjoy over 30 bloggers delicious cookie ideas for #ChristmasCookies!
- Alfajores (dulce de leche sandwich cookies) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Candy Cane Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Dutch Speculaas Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Sugar Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Empire Cookies by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Gingerbread Gooey Butter Cookies by Making Miracles
- Gingerbread Men Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies by Books n Cooks
- Holiday Sugar Sprinkle Butter Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Italian Rainbow Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Makrut Macaroons by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha filled Sandwich Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Oatmeal Raisin Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pecan Caramel Turtle Bars by Tip Garden
- Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Cookies) by The Redhead Baker
- Peppermint Candy Canes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Peppermint Crinkle Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Peppermint Macarons by House of Nash Eats
- Peppermint Mocha Shortbread Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peppermint Shortbreads by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Raspberry Filled Coconut Snowflakes by Making The Most of Naptime
- Raspberry Thumbprint cookies by Simple And Savory
- Rum Logs by Corn, Beans Pigs and Kids
- Vanilla Bean Pizzelles by Love and Confections
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box