Light the candles, grab the champagne, pop the cork; its time to make chicken! No that’s not a misprint. Today Sunday Supper features Libational Recipes. Champagne Chicken tastes perfect for a celebration. Champagne infused sauce gives chicken a bit of tang balanced with a drizzle of honey.
My first experience with champagne was Asti Spumante. I wasn’t sure if I liked the taste or not. I conceded it was what you drank to ring in the New Year. Over the years I tried different types of sparkling wines. I’m open now to any suggestions!
I admit that those first few bottles of bubbly were scary to open. More hit the floor than our glasses!
Working in catering taught me that you hold the cork and twist the bottle. Who knew, did you? 😉 Don’t forget to serve a glass of bubbly on the side!
Thank you Alice of A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen and DB (aka Foodie Stuntman) of Crazy Foodie Stunts for hosting this event!
- 4 4-ounce chicken breasts
- ½ cup Champagne
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pound chicken breasts to ¼-inch thickness. Salt and pepper chicken.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat and add champagne, broth, vinegar, capers, honey and thyme to the skillet.
- Simmer to reduce to about half.
- Dissolve cornstarch in tablespoon of broth. Add to skillet.
- Return chicken to skillet to finish cooking.
- Serve topped with remaining sauce.
Enjoy more libation inspired dishes and festive drink ideas from Sunday Supper!
- Big Easy Milk Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Blue Sparkling Star Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Boozy Iced Spanish Coffee by Nosh My Way
- Campari Mint Spritzer by eating in instead
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Ruffles & Truffles
- Creamy, Loaded Eggnog by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Malibu Breeze by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Merry Berry Spritz by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Minty Lime Rum by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Panache by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Fool Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Pomegranate Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sparkling Pomegranate Berry Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Vanilla Bailey’s With A Twist by Momma’s Meals
Savory and Sweet Libational Dishes
- Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Beerberry Pancakes by Brunch with Joy
- Beet Relish by What Smells So Good?
- Belgian Beef Stew with Belgian Ale by Cooking On The Ranch
- Brandied Triple Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- Champagne Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornish Game Hens with Sausage Red Wine Sauce over Polenta by The Texan New Yorker
- Craft Beer Jelly by Nik Snacks
- Eggnog Dutch Baby Pancakes with Cranberries by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Hot Buttered Rum Balls by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lentil Soup with Wine Braised Shallots by Pancake Warriors
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs by Cooking Chat
- Amaretto Coconut Biscotti with Amaretto Salted Caramel Drizzle by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Pears with a Warm Tequila-Citrus Espuma by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bourbon Cranberry Compote by Pies and Plots
- Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Rum Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Dumante Frozen Espresso Creams by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Honey Chamomile Hot Toddy Tea Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Kahlua Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Poached Pears with Ricotta and Balsamic Glaze by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Rum Glazed Cookie Cream Buns by NinjaBaker
- Tiramisu Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.