Cherry Pie Tassies cookies bake sour cherry filling into a tender cookie shell. Like a slice of cherry pie in one bite!
Welcome to another edition of Fill the Cookie Jar!
This month we’re paging through out cookbooks to gather recipes for Back to School.
I know, I know, it’s only July and school isn’t on our plates for a few months. That doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some Cherry Pie Tassies NOW AND some later too! 😉
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups unsweetened fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add flour.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces. Roll into balls and press balls into ungreased mini muffin tins working dough from bottom up the sides.
- Whisk together brown sugar and flour. Work in shortening with a fork until crumbs appear.
- Bring cherries, sugar, corn starch and butter to a boil over medium heat. Continue cooking until cherries are soft and glaze thickens. Spoon into cookie cups. Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake at 325 for 25 to 30 minutes until dough is golden brown and flaky. Cool in pans on a rack.
- Carefully remove tassies when cooled.
Thank you Cynthia Landrie from Feeding Big at http://FeedingBig.com for hosting this fun event! If you would like to join us, click on the cookie jar!
Food for Thought…What cookies do your kids crave in their lunchbox or for after school snack? I’d love to hear your thoughts in a comment below!
Enjoy these fresh cookie ideas for school day treats from us at Fill The Cookie Jar!
Giant Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies by Family Around the Table
No Bake Brownie Energy Bites by Join Us, Pull up a Chair
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Teachers Rule Cookies By Palatable Pastime
Clean the Cupboard Cookie Bars by A Day In The Life On The Farm
Trail Mix Cookies by Home Sweet Homestead
Orange Anise Cookies By This and That
Monster Reese’s Pieces Cookie Bars by Cookaholic Wife
Oatmeal Blueberry Cookies by Organized 31
Apple Date Cookie Bars by That Recipe
Cherry Pie Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Sesame Balls by Feeding Big