Chicken with Sautéed Zucchini Peppers and Mushrooms cooks in one skillet. Easy prep. Easy Clean up! Ready in 30 minutes. If you have good knife skills, make that 25 minutes! 😉
This week Sunday Supper is gathering our favorite time saving Back to School Dinners. Hectic schedules don’t mean meals need to suffer. You can cook healthy meals in a short amount of time.
Here’s a few tips:
- Make double servings of dishes like lasagna and freeze extra for an easy meal.
- Stock up on pantry staples like chicken stock, canned tomatoes, rice, canned beans and pasta. Add canned tuna or pre-cooked beef or chicken for extra protein.
- Make extra sauces and can or freeze them to have on hand.
- Make a beef roast or whole chicken and use leftovers for soup or casseroles.
- Keep frozen pizza dough or pizza shells on hand. Add sauce and toppings. No need to wait for delivery or pick up.
Garden bounty like zucchini and peppers can last a week or two refrigerated. Fresh, reasonably priced zucchini extends well into fall. Barring an early frost, you can get a few at the farmer’s market to tide you over.
Chicken with Sautéed Zucchini Peppers and Mushrooms
I like to serve this dish over cheddar rice.
- 2 (4-ounce) chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Season chicken with garlic salt, half the Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Brown chicken in a skillet with oil over med-high heat. Reduce heat and add the vegetables. Season vegetables with Italian seasoning.
- Continue cooking until chicken reaches 165 degrees and vegetables are tender.
- Spoon vegetables over chicken. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
Serve over rice or pasta.
Enjoy these delicious dinner ideas from the Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
Beef and Pork
- Bacon Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats by The Crumby Kitchen
- Beef and Sweet Potato Stew by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Meatloaf Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Mexican Lasagna with Corn Tortillas by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Dish Taco Goulash by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pierogi with Sausage and Peppers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pot Roast with Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Red Wine by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Pastas, Soups, Rice and Stews
- Casimer Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dad’s Glop by My Blissful Mess
- Homemade Lasagna by Soulfully Made
- Kid-friendly Salmon Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Salmon with Pappardelle and a Brandy Cream Sauce by Mysavoryspoon
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Enchiladas by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Parmesan by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken with Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce & Roasted Asparagus by Gourmet Everyday
- Chicken with Sautéed Zucchini Peppers and Mushrooms by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornflake Chicken Tenders by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Easy Instapot Roast Chicken by Our Good Life
- Easy Ranch Chicken Pasta with Bacon by Cricket’s Confections
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs by Pies and Plots
- Roasted Chicken Breasts by Life Tastes Good
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Chicken & Spinach by My Life Cookbook
- Whole30 Mini Turkey Meatloaf by Bites of Wellness
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.