Cinnamon Beef Tacos share warm spices with traditional taco flavors to create a delicious taste sensation!
This week Sunday Supper Tastemakers celebrate National Taco Day, October 4th!
Did you know that October 4th is National Taco Day? How exciting is that?! Tacos are the best. There’s so much that you can do with them, from what you fill them with to the kind of shell that you put them in! Not to mention, they’re easy on a budget and definite crowd-pleasers. So, for this Sunday Supper, let’s have a taco fiesta! Bring your best easy taco recipes to the table, and we can celebrate National Taco Day together. I want to know what you put in your favorite taco recipes!
Warm spices sneak their way into my dishes this time of year. Cinnamon is my go to warm spice. It pairs with meats, makes killer desserts and flavors drinks like no other spice can.
Mixing cinnamon with cumin, garlic, chili and salt makes a great rub for beef. Not too spicy. I used a Certified Angus Beef ® brand ribeye. Simply delicious!
I added a mild version of Pico de Gallo to get that taco taste.
Why stop there?
Kick it up a notch. Add avocado slices and lettuce.
- 4 6-inch taco shells
- 1 12 to 16 ounce ribeye (I used Certified Angus Beef ® brand)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 a jalapeno diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (optional)
- Combine rub spices: cinnamon, cumin, garlic, chili and salt. Rub onto steak.
- Heat oil in small skillet. Place steak in hot oil. Cook to desired doneness. Rest 5 minutes then slice.
- Mix together tomatoes, onion, peppers and lime juice.Season with salt and pepper.
- layer lettuce, beef, avocado and pico in a taco shell . Drizzle with lime or serve with salsa or sour cream.
Food for Thought…How do like your tacos? Soft or hard shell? Mild or spicy? I’d love to hear your thoughts in a comment below!
Easy Taco Recipes #SundaySupper
Breakfast, Dessert, and Alternative Tacos
- Jalapeno Cornbread Taco Pie by Soulfully Made
- Loaded Taco Tots by Gourmet Everyday
- Naked Egg Breakfast Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Spicy Beef Cheesy Corn Taco Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Veggie Packed Mouth-Watering Cauliflower Breakfast Tostadas by Bites of Wellness
Lunch and Dinner Tacos
- 1970s Style Tacos by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asian-Spiced Black Cod Tacos with Kimchi and Avocado-Sriracha Mayo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by A Mind Full Mom
- Chorizo Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Beef Tacos by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Fish Taco Recipe by Sunday Supper Movement
- Healthy Ground Turkey Tacos by Mid-Life Croissant
- It’s Taco Tuesday: An Easy Family Meal by Hardly A Goddess
- Low Carb Beef Tacos by Our Good Life
- Salmon Tacos with Watermelon Pico de Gallo by Pies and Plots
- Sloppy Joe Tacos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tacos with Cabbage Slaw by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Tacos by Cricket’s Confections
- Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Surf and Turf Tacos by The Weekend Gourmet
- Walking Chili Cheese Tacos by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.