Crab Louie also known as Crab Louis is one of my favorite crab dishes. Traditional Crab Louis is made with Pacific Northwest Dungeness Crab. I use lump crabmeat and sometimes even special.
I usually make this as a salad and stuff a tomato with it. This week’s Sunday Supper invited us to stuff, roll and wrap our dinner contribution. The stuffed tomato version is a great lunch or brunch meal. I needed to kick it up a notch for dinner. Stuffed chicken sounded like a natural choice. Moist lump crabmeat in a slightly sweet and spicy sauce, cradled in a chicken breast and baked.
It turned out to be a great choice!
Fill breasts and tuck ends underneath, Add oil to baking dish. Place breasts stuffed side down. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Sprinkle with onions.
Thanks Amy from Kimchi Mom for hosting this event!
- 2 4-ounce chicken breasts pounded flat (approximately 1/4-inch thickness)
- 1 1/2 cups lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. diced green onions
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce or to taste, optional
- 1/2 tsp. smoked sweet paprika
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula (optional)
- Combine mayo,sour cream, chili sauce, Worcestershire, lemon juice and 1/4 cup onions. Fold in crabmeat.
- Fill breasts and tuck ends underneath, Add oil to baking dish. Place breasts stuffed side down. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Sprinkle with onions.
- Bake at 350 until internal temperature of chicken reaches 160 about 20 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of arugula, over noodles or alone if you prefer.
Check out all the great “Stuffed, Rolled and Wrapped” contributions to Sunday Supper this week!
Starters and Snacks
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey by Shockingly Delicious
- Filipino Turon (Banana Lumpia) by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Arepas de Queso (cheese stuffed cornmeal cakes) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Tinga Taquitos with Avocado Cream by Savvy Eats
- Eggy Rice Wraps by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Onigiri by Brunch With Joy
- Stuffed Shell Pierogies by Seduction in The Kitchen
- Scotch Eggs with Sriracha Dipping Sauce by Run DMT
- Celery Root and Lentil Lettuce Wraps with Yogurt-Garlic Dressing by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Thai Peanut Stuffed Jalapenos by Healthy. Delicious.
Entrees and Mains
- Rouladen by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Stracci di Antrodoco by Manu’s Menu
- Eggplant Rollatini by MealDiva
- Grandma Katrinas’ Russian Cabbage rolls (Golubtsy) by European Cutie
- Chicken Cordon Blue by The Foodie Army Wife
- Lunchroom Meatroll by MarocMama
- Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Taco Egg Rolls by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Tempura Rolls by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Herbed Stuffed Salmon by Nosh My Way
- Tamales de Rajas y Requeson (Roasted Poblano Tamales) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Bademjan Shekam-por – Persian Stuffed Eggplant by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Southwest Breakfast Burrito by It’s Yummi!
- Mascarpone Blueberry Stuffed French Toast by gotta get baked
- Korean-style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes by kimchi MOM
- Steak Smothered Burritos by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberries and Cream Pancake Roll by Curious Cuisiniere
- Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Greek Rolled Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shrimp Burritos Con Queso by Cooking On The Ranch
- Bee-Bim Bop Sushi Rolls by NinjaBaking.com
- Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Family Foodie
- Genoa Salami and Kalamata Olive Calzones by The Texan New Yorker
- Zucchini Boats by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Girl’s Camp Breakfast Burritos by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crab Louie Stuffed Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Rustic “Wrapped” Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- Potato Roll Stuffed with Ham and Cheese in Red Sause by Basic N Delicious
- Ham, Turkey and Cheddar Turnovers by Magnolia Days
- Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Burritos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Bread by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pizza Pockets by girlichef
- Ham and Cheese Crescent “Roll” Stromboli by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Wellington Braciole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Greek Salad Wrap by The Messy Baker
- Herbed Venison Lettuce Wraps by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
All things Sweet
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Cake Roll by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Lemon Poppyseed Swirl Cookies by What Smells So Good
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry and Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls by Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll by Noshing With The Nolands
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.