Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Monday November 21st through Friday November 25th we will be sharing our favorite cranberry recipes with cranberry lovers like you! We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration.
I’m starting off the week with a Cranberry Cornbread. You can serve this as a snack, breakfast or easy side dish.
I like to use fresh cranberries and toss them in a bit of powdered sugar. The sugar neutalizes the berry tartness and keeps the color from running.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, halved or chopped
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Toss cranberries in powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Whisk together corn meal, flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg and oil. Add to dry ingredients. Stir in cranberries with any leftover powdered sugar. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake at 425 until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool dish on wire rack until cool enough to cut.
Food for thought…Do you enjoy cranberries in breads? Which kind do you like best? A quick bread, fruit and nut white breads or a cornbread? I’d love to hear your ideas below in a comment!
Enjoy all these delicious cranberry recipes being shared today!
- Cranberry-Apple Sauce from The Chef Next Door
- Cranberry Cornbread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Maple Delicata Squash Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Orange Baked Brie from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Palmiers from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Cranberry Rosemary Cornbread from Life Currents
- Cranberry Snack Cake from Cooking With Carlee
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Noreaster from Family Around The Table
- Pork Shashlyk and Tkemali from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Shallot Cranberry Chutney from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket from Palatable Pastime
- Stuffed Endive with Blue Cheese, Walnuts & Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Upsidedown Cranberry Cake from Hostess At Heart