Cranberry London Broil serves juicy beef smothered in a sweet, tart cranberry sauce. Delicious for any holiday dinner.
Welcome to Day 3 of #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration.
For today’s cranberry recipe I thought I’d beef it up! Beefed up with London Broil.
London Broil is an economical cut that benefits from marinating to inspire flavor and tenderness. I used a Certified Angus Beef ® brand roast. I’ve found every cut from sirloin steaks to rib roasts of Certified Angus Beef ® brand cooks up beyond my expectations.
- 2 lb London Broil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- Mix together beef broth, Balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt and apple juice concentrate. Pour into gallon-sized resealable bag. Marinate overnight.
- Remove roast and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or pan fry approximately 8 minutes per side or broil for 12 to 15 minutes Cook to 125°F for medium-rare. Rest on rack for 10 minutes before slicing.
- While meat rests, prepare sauce. In a 2-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, concentrate, sugar, vinegar and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until thickened. Pour over roast and serve.
In case you missed it…
Day one: Cranberry Cornbread
Day two: Cranberry Cornbread Stuffing
Food for Thought… Do you enjoy meat and fruit together? How do you feel about classics like Orange Beef and Lemon Chicken? I’d love to hear your ideas and thoughts in a comment below.
Enjoy these great cranberry lovers treats from us, the #CranberryWeek bloggers!
- Braised Short Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry Sauce and Asian Coleslaw from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry & Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chops from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Borscht from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Lemon Curd Tart (No Bake, GF) from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry London Broil from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Mustard from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Vanilla Bean Donuts from Hostess At Heart
- Grilled Brie with Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Honey Roasted Orange Ricotta Crostini from Take Two Tapas
- Orange Cranberry Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Maple Cranberry Sauce from Family Around The Table
- Sweet Heat Cranberry Spread from Cooking With Carlee
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. Certified Angus Beef ® brand is a licensed trademark. All opinions are my own.