Grilled Tuna Steaks with Orange Tomato Sauce. Flaky tuna topped with a tangy, chunky tomato sauce!
Time to break out the grills and Throw Something on the Barbie, Sunday Supper style!
I have to admit that I’m not the grillmaster of the group. Although I can hold my own. Steaks, chops, chicken, shrimp, veggies and even fruit have crossed or should I say criss-crossed over my grill.
One item is still a bit of a challenge to me.
We love our tuna grilled or pan fried and lightly pink inside. I’ve been lucky with using my indoor grill pan to achieve those sought after grill marks.
Foil packets on the grill just don’t quite give off the same taste.
The secret to grilling fish and even pan-frying fish is to start with high heat.
Don’t be quick to flip it. Fish should get a bit of crust on it. Just enough so that you can turn it but it stays flaky too!
Using a spatula designed for fish, helps too. 😉
To sauce or not to sauce? I can go either way. How about you? It is nice to offer something different for guests to try.
- 2 7-ounce yellow-fin tuna streaks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, skinned and seeded
- 1/2 cup orange segments
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves and extra sprigs for garnish.
- Bring tomatoes, orange, juice, cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until most of liquid evaporates. Stir in thyme leaves.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper. Place tuna steaks on a lightly greased grill. Grill tuna approximately 5 minutes per side and until fish is browned on the outside, pink on the inside.
- Spoon sauce over fish. Garnish with thyme sprigs if desired.
Enjoy these delicious recipes and ideas for your next BBQ from Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
- Grilled Peach and Pineapple Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Let’s Get This BBQ Started!
- Bruschetta with Grilled Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa by Taste And See
- Grilled Avocado with Cilantro-Lime Cream by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
The Main Event
- Bison Sliders with Special Sauce by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Bourbon & Brown Sugar Marinated Grilled Steak by Books n’ Cooks
- Buffalo Wing Burger by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chicken Mazatlan by Palatable Pastime
- Greek Lamb Burgers by Positively Stacey
- Grilled Avocado with Confetti Shrimp Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Shrimp Corn Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Duck with a Red Wine Reduction by Monica’s Table
- Grilled London Broil Steak Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Pork and Pineapple Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Ribeye with Simple Spice Rub by Cooking Chat
- Grilled Salami Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Grilled Honey Balsamic Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Orange Tomato Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Strawberry Mango Salsa by simple and savory
- Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops by My World Simplified
- How to Grill Salmon and Shrimps in Banana Leaves by Asian In America
- Lemon Herbed Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Momma’s Meals
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Ever!! by A Day in the Life on the Farm
On a Side Note
- Easy Garlicky Grilled Polenta by She Loves Biscotti
- Easy Grilled Artichokes by April Golightly
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Manchego Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Cantaloupe Salad with Queso Fresco and Herbs by Cooking With Carlee
- Grilled Corn with Herb Butter by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad by Cookin’ Mimi
Saucy Sentiments and Rebellious Rubs
- Homemade Burger Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Coffee Steak Rub by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Grilled Banana Boats by Our Good Life
- Grilled Blueberry Cobbler by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Dessert Pizza by Baking Sense
- Grilled Pineapple with Vanilla Sorbet by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Strawberry & Blue Basil Granita by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Super Simple Grilled Peaches by And She Cooks
Plus Piri Piri Sauce and Recipes for Summer Grilling from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement