Haluski, Cabbage and Noodles provides a quick meal or easy side dish. Hearty and warming comfort food for a cold winter night.
I don’t want to think about shoveling snow. We have been lucky so far this winter. There were times I felt like this kitty.
I do remember some winters we would all take turns moving snow, running in to warm up and back out again.
Keep the coffee pot on all day and maybe a quick hot cocoa snuck in there too.
I still had to squeeze in making dinner. Carbs could come in handy on days like those. After all that hard work a little comfort is in order.
But you don’t need to wait for a snow day to enjoy a plate of Haluski.
Here’s the recipe.
- 1 medium head of green cabbage, sliced thin (about 6 cups)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thin noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add cabbage, onion, butter and oil to a large skillet.
- Cover and simmer over low to medium heat, turning occasionally to brown but not burn.
- While cabbage simmers, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Add noodles to finished cabbage and onions and stir to coat.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a main or side dish.
Thinking about Easy Supper Recipes
We’re not only kicking off the New Year at Sunday Supper, but National Sunday Supper month as well.
To celebrate we’re going back to our roots, with some Easy Supper Recipes that our families love!
Thanks Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks for hosting this event!
Enjoy these easy dinner ideas from Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
- Chicken Enchiladas by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Chicken Scarpariello by Sunday Supper Movement
- Honey Mustard Chicken & Rice Pilaf by Wholistic Woman
- Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and Vegetables by Simple and Savory
- Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Roast Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Bucatini with Spinach Pesto by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Marsala Lasagna Rollups by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Extra Cheesy Stuffed Shells by Positively Stacey
- Quick Chicken Piccata by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Mustard Pork Tenderloin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Oven Omelette With Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Orange Pork Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Sweet and Garlicky Slow Cooker Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
Sheet Pan Suppers
- Dijon Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner by Casa de Crews
- Ranch Sheet Pan Pork Dinner by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Provencal Style by Delaware Girl Eats
Soup and Sandwich Suppers
- Chicken and Cheese Pita Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Chili by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Marinara Panini by The Freshman Cook
Stove Top Suppers
- Arroz con Coco y Lentejas – Coconut Rice with Lentils by Food Lust People Love
- Asian Tuna Noodle Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Haluski (Cabbage and Noodles) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Quinoa Japanese Donburi Bowl by NinjaBaker.com
- One Pot Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops and Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ratatouille Stew by My Life Cookbook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.