It’s that time of year again when dozens gather in homes, yards, and parking lots. Often these people wear strange clothes with names and numbers on them. They paint their faces vibrant colors. Some carry oversized foam hand mitts (I’m still not sure why about this one). They bring food and beverages, grills, coolers, radios and even TVs! “Why” you say? Well it football season, and they’re ready to party!!!
I admit that I’m not a big sports fan, but I am a big fan of the food! 😉
So here’s my contribution to our #SundaySupper Tailgate Party hosted this week by Lane over at Supper for a Steal . Thank you Lane!
Hawaiian Chicken Wraps
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked, diced or sliced
- 1/2 cup Pineapple, crushed, drained
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 each tomato, diced
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 Tbs brown sugar – (packed)
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 each tortillas, whole wheat
2. Mix dressing ingredients together and whisk to dissolve sugar. I like the added flavor orange juice brings to the dressing.
3. Mix in chicken and pineapple.
4. Lay out your wrap and add veggies first. Then add chicken pineapple mixture. I fold over the sides about a quarter width first, fold up the bottom, roll and tuck in sides as I roll!
5. Depending on how long it will be until you eat your wraps, you may want try mixing the chicken well and be careful not to get too much extra liquid in your wrap. You’re good to go!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition (per serving): 458 calories, 68 calories from fat, 6.8g total fat, 59.5mg cholesterol, 133.4mg sodium, 742.2mg potassium, 70.8g carbohydrates, 6.8g fiber, 37.6g sugar, 24g protein, 13778.7IU vitamin a, 27.2mg vitamin c.
The nutritional value will vary widely depending on the type of tortilla you use.
Need menu ideas for your next Tailgate Party? Check out the rest of our #SundaySupper group. I’m sure your party will be a hit!
Pre Game Warm-ups:
- Sausage Balls by My Catholic Kitchen
- Edamame Hummus by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Rueben Dip by The Meltaways
- Buffalo Wing Hummus by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Smokey Guacamole with Bacon by Family Spice
- Pepperoni & Mozzarella Pull Apart by In the Kitchen with KP
- Boneless Honey BBQ Chicken Wings by Juanita’s Cocina
- Candied Pecans by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Swabian Mini Meatballs (Schwaebische Mini Fleischkuechle) by Galactosemia in PDX
- Joe Montana’s Touchdown Guacamole by Noshing with the Nolands
- Cheddar Cheese Jalapeno Bites by Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Hot & Spicy Popcorn Chicken by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites by Family Foodie
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Game Day Loaded Nachos by The Messy Baker
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Home Cooking Memories
- Southwestern Spring Rolls by Supper for a Steal
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs by Comfy Cuisine
- Roasted Garlic Bacon Dip with Easy Homemade Tortilla Chips by Daily Dish Recipes
- Beer Battered Spiced Sweet Potato Lentil Fritters by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Indian Spiced Chicken Meatballs by Soni’s Food for Thought
On the Sidelines:
- Anne’s Best Potato Salad with Bacon and Peas by Webicurean
- Simple Roasted Purple Potatoes by Ruffles and Truffles
- Spicy BBQ Baked Beans by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich by Cooking Underwriter
- Pollo Adobado con Papas (Adobo Chicken with Potatoes) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Poor Man’s Burrito by Shockingly Delicious
- Ham and Mushroom Handpies by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Individual Muffuletta Sandwiches by Magnolia Days
- Far East Steak Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Italian Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Hot Chicken Chili by Momma’s Meals
- Louisiana Sloppy Joes by Sustainable Dad
- Hawaiian Chicken Wraps by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grandpa Sal’s Sausage and Peppers by Daddy Knows Less
- Fancy Filet Chili by I Run for Wine
- Homemade Italian Sausage by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Jalapeno Crockpot Chili by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Flavorful Fall Marinade by Midlife Road Trip
- Moose Chili by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Peanut Butter-Stuffed Chocolate Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Streusel Topped Pumpkin Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Zucchini Cupcakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Oven-Baked Churros by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Swirl Nutella Cupcakes by Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter and Pretzel Truffles by Gotta Get Baked
From the Cooler:
Wine Pairings by Wine Everyday
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite tailgate recipes!
We’d also love to feature your tailgate recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!