Welcome to Gifts from the Kitchen #SundaySupper Sunday! This week’s Sunday Supper co-hosts are the wonderful and talented Susan from The Wimpy Vegetarian and Amber from Mamas’ Blissful Bites Blog URL: Mamas’ Blissful Bites . Thanks ladies!
I’m a big proponent of giving homemade gifts around the holidays. A personal touch can mean so much in world of gift cards and ”the season’s hottest gifts” that we see advertised on TV.
Homemade herb flavored vinegar makes a great base for salad dressings and marinades.You can add your favorite salad dressing recipe on a card as a bonus!
- 2 cups white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar (or combo of both)
- 1-cup mixed fresh herbs (basil, oregano, tarragon, thyme, marjoram, chives, etc) use leaves, stems and flowers
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- mixed peppercorns
- whole dried cayenne peppers (optional)
- 2 NEW quart-size Mason jars
- plastic wrap
- wooden spoon, coffee filter, funnel
Combine vinegar, herbs and spices. Stir. Cover the jar mouth with plastic wrap, lid and store at room temperature. Shake or stir daily for 2 weeks. Line a funnel with a coffee filter and strain vinegar into a clean, sterile jar.
You can add fresh sprigs or herbs for decoration.
Vinegar keeps about 3 months.
Need more gift ideas to make and share from your kitchen? Check out these #SundaySupper contributors for great suggestions, recipes and how-tos from all of us to all of you!
Breads / Breakfast
- Pumpkin Biscoff Bread – Dinners, Dishes, and Dessert
- All-in-One Beer Bread Kit – girlichef
- Banana Coconut Coffee Cake with Macadamia Nut Streusel – The Lovely Pantry
- Pancake Mix With Apple Cider Syrup and Candied Walnuts – Tora’s Real Food
- Cranberry Hootycreeks – Baker Street
Condiments / Ingredients
- Apple Butter – Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Strawberry Jam – The Meltaways
- Herb Vinegars – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Harissa – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Homemade Vanilla Extract – Flour on my Face
- Homemade Cherry Extract – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Nutella Powder – I Run For Wine
- Apricot Pineapple Rum Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Spiced Cranberry Apricot Almond Chutney – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pumpkin Butter – Family Foodie
Soup and Snacks
- A Soup For You – Momma’s Meals
- Maple Nut Granola – Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sweet and Spicy Curried Nuts – Soni’s Food for Thought
- Roasted Spiced Nuts – Mrs Mama Hen
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans – Supper For a Steal
- Maple Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars – Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Orange Spiced Chickpeas – Home Cooking Memories
- Turtle Pretzels – The Messy Baker
- Rocky Road Candy – Magnolia Days
- Dairyfree Vegan Caramels – Galactosemia in PDX
- Peanut Butter Cookies in a Jar – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- M&M Cookies in a Jar – Damn Delicious
- Monster Cookie Mix in a Jar – What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Biscotti – Meal Planning Magic
- Snickerdoodle Snack Mix – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Butter and Jam Thumbprint Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Peppermint Stick Cookie Truffles – The Weekend Gourmet
- Nutella Truffles – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Peanut Cajetas (Peanut Fudge) – Basic and Delicious
- Cookie Cutter Fudge – Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Roll – Shockingly Delicious
- Homemade Chocolates – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick – Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate Toffee “Crack” – Ruffles and Truffles
- Holiday Tree Cake – Noshing with the Nolands
- Salted Caramel Cookies – Mama Mommy Mom
- Fruit and Nut Cookies – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Applepie Moonshine – My Catholic Kitchen
- Holiday Spiced Mocha – Daily Dish Recipes
- Homemade Peppermint Mocha Mix – In the Kitchen with KP
- Homemade Kahlua – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper on November 11. In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
We’d also love to feature your own posts for Gifts From the Kitchen on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.