Hoisin Beef Purses wrap tender shredded hoisin flavored beef and pickled vegetables in flaky puff pastry. A unique bite for your next holiday get together or tapas dinner!
I love sampling hors d’oeuvres at a party. A bit of this, a bite of that. Grab a plate and take inventory with your eyes for which ones you need to maybe try first before they’re gone. Eventually I try most of them. Some I’ll even ask the host for the recipe.
When it comes to throwing my own party I want things to go as smooth as possible. I plan my party from start to finish.
Here’s a few tips I’ve found help make a gathering a success.
- Mix your menu to include hot and cold items. Guests appreciate variety but keep choices to just a few, 4 to 6 is ideal.
- Set out a charcuterie or vegetable platter for people to pick at themselves. I found my guests like the comfort of foods they know and love.
- Beverages should include non-alcoholic choices and water. So many times I just want a sip of water to clear my palate before tasting another appetizer. Also it is the ultimate low calorie drink! 😉
- Have an exit strategy. We have all had those guests that do not recognize that the party is over. A gentle thank you all for coming and have a safe trip home can be worked into the evening at the appropriate time.
- Most of all, have fun! After all it is a party!
This week Sunday Supper reminds us that the holiday season is filled with parties, sometimes too many to keep track of. We want to help with our best quick and easy Holiday Party Recipes that you can whip up in flash!
Thank you Caroline from Caroline’s Cooking for hosting this fun event!
I chose to make Hoisin Beef Purses. This is a great way to use up leftover beef. I made a Certified Angus Beef ® brand Prime Rib Roast and had a bit leftover. It was a big roast!
Hoisin sauce adds that Asian BBQ flavor to the beef. Balance the sweet tart flavor of Hoisin sauce with a bit of sour in the form of pickled vegetables. I added red bell peppers and carrots to the mix for vibrant color in an otherwise brown dish.
Brush with egg whites and pinch them shut!
Bake at 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 cup shredded cook beef
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup thinly sliced or shredded vegetable mix (red bell peppers, cabbage, red onion, and carrots)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1 egg white
- Thaw puff pastry at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Gently unfold. Cut into 9 to 12 pieces.
- While pastry thaws, prepare filling.
- Whisk together vinegar and sugar. add vegetables, ginger and garlic. set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix together hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Coat beef with sauce.
- Add beef mix to thawed pastry. Drain vegetable mix. Top the beef.
- Brush edges with egg whites. Gently gather sides and twist to close.
- Place purses on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce if desired.
Enjoy all these great ideas for your next holiday party from the Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
- 3 Ingredient Citrus Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Caprese Dip by The Freshman Cook
- Easy Persimmon Appetizer with Minted Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Goat Cheese & Basil Stuffed Peppadews by My Life Cookbook
- Mom’s Cheese Ball by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mushroom Pate by Simple and Savory
- Boozy Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Cocktails 3 Ways by Monica’s Table
- Sparkling Pamplemousse by Books n’ Cooks
- Candy Cane Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Lemon Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Sweet and Salty Toffee Bark by Pies and Plots
- Cheese Ball Pops by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini by Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Bratwurst Bites in Cranberry Jezebel Sauce by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Healthier Sausage Crescent Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Hoisin Beef Purses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Potato Poppers by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Spicy Sausage Tarts by A Mind “Full” Mom
- St. Louis Ravioli by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Tuna Salad Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Loaded Pizza Stew by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Roast Chicken with Scallions and Mushrooms by Asian In America
- Simple Christmas Pizza by Cooking Chat
- Stuffed Turkey Cutlets by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.