Welcome to a Spring Fling Sunday Supper!
I’ve never been a fan of cold and snowy winters but I can appreciate the beauty of a clear winter sky. The stars look amazing on a coal black backdrop. Snow clinging on bare tree branches like frosting on a cake. So pretty.
The same goes for the pastels of spring. Early crocus in purple, white striped and yellow. Popping their heads through bits of soil and leftover snow.
Honey Lemon Shrimp brings spring feel to your plate! Bright yellow lemon washes away winter’s gray. Pink shrimp and fresh, green thyme add a bit of color I need right about now.
Thanks to our hosts for Spring Fling, DB (aka Foodie Stuntman) of Crazy Foodie Stunts and Valerie of Lifestyle Food Artistry!
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces pasta, (angel hair, spaghetti)
- reserved pasta water
- Whisk together in a baking dish, oil, honey, lemon juice, thyme, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes.
- While shrimp marinates, Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain reserving pasta water.
- Cook shrimp in marinade in a 350 degree oven until pink and thoroughly cooked. About 10 minutes, depending on size. Flip shrimp halfway through cooking time.
- Add cooked pasta. Stir. Add pasta water as necessary to coat and thicken sauce.
- Serve with grated lemon zest and Parmesan cheese if desired.
Enjoy these recipes created with Spring in Mind from our Sunday Supper Group!
- Easter Egg Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Home-made Limoncello by Manu’s Menu
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Martini by The Redhead Baker
- Asparagus and Roasted Garlic Hummus by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Lemon and Goat Cheese Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cauliflower Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Green Asparagus Soup with Seared Scallops by An Appealing Plan
- Panzanella Primavera by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon Berry and Almond Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing by Family Foodie
- Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Asparagus Gribiche by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Early Peas with Pearl Onions in Cream by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette by Food Done Light
- Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Spring Green Rice by Magnolia Days
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta by PancakeWarriors
- Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Early Spring Risotto by Cooking Chat
- Honey Lemon Shrimp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Lamb Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Chives by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Quiche Florentine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Lamb Chops, Fontina Cheese Polenta with Asparagus and Mushrooms by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Root Vegetable Risotto by Momma’s Meals
- Spring Lemon Pasta by MealDiva
- Spring Pea & Chèvre Souffle by FoodieTots
- Spring Vegetable Risotto by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salmon and Strawberry Spinach Salad with a Kentucky Maple Vinaigrette by Dandelion Greens
- Tilapia with Classic Pesto by Whole Food | Real Families
- Veal Stew with Spring Greens by The Texan New Yorker
- Berry Shortcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Coconut Macaroons by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Healthy Hummingbird Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Cream Pie with Girl Scouts Lemonade Cookie Crust by Our Good Life
- Lemon Meringue Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Low-Fat Strawberry Muffins by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Matcha Strawberry Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Palm Sunday Easter Bread by Love and Confections
- Pretzels, Peanut Butter, and Beer Cake Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Sticky Carrot Squares by What Smells So Good?
- Three Berry Coconut Crispies by Simply Healthy Family
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.