Honey Pineapple Pull-Apart Rolls dish up tender, soft rolls great with salads, meats or wherever your meal takes you.
Baking fresh rolls takes me back to my first days in the bakery class. Every day we started early getting the dough ready. Weighing flour and molasses, mixing, kneading, shaping baking and finishing.
White, wheat, rye, sourdough breads all had their own nuances. Subtle recipe changes make each one different yet it is still bread.
It’s that way with rolls. You can shape them into knots, balls, clovers or sticks. You can even put them in the same pan.
Bake them. Then pull them apart again!
Honey Pineapple Pull-Apart Rolls are made without processed sugar for this month’s Bread Bakers challenge!
Bake using Natural Sweeteners that are a healthy and tasty alternative to refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners (Splenda, saccharin, aspartame, etc). Some of the natural sweeteners are maple syrup, honey, blackstrap molasses, dates, banana puree, coconut sugar, balsamic glaze, brown sugar syrup, real fruit jam made without any sugar, stevia, palm jaggery. Use any one or a combination of the natural sweeteners in your bake. NO SUGAR, white, brown, demerara, turbinado, muscovado etc to be used in the bake.
Honey Pineapple Pull-Apart Rolls get their fruity goodness from a layer of minced pineapple and honey in oil.
Brush cooled rolls with the mixture and serve. Your family can pull apart as many rolls as they like.
These rolls also taste great spread with gobs of jam!
- 1 packet quick rise yeast (I use Red Star Platinum Yeast)
- 1 cup warm water 110-120 degrees
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 3 cups bread flour divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh or canned pineapple
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Whisk together 1 1/4 cups flour, yeast and salt.
- Whisk 1 tablespoon honey into warm water. Add liquid to flour mixture.
- Add 1 cup flour to make soft dough. Add reserve flour as needed and knead until smooth.
- Cover and rest dough at least 15 minutes.
- Spray 1 large pan or 2 small loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Divide rested dough into 16 pieces.
- Cover pans with plastic wrap and allow dough to double in size.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and hollow when tapped.
- Cool slightly then brush with pineapple mixture.
- Serve warm or cold.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Food For Thought… Which unprocessed natural sweeteners would you use to bake? I’d love to hear your thoughts and recipe ideas! Please leave a comment below.
Enjoy these great all natural sweetened bread ideas from the #BreadBakers !
Bakes with Natural Sweeteners
- Blackberries and Honey Bread by Kidsandchic
- Cheddar Honey Flowers by Ambrosia
- Date and Chai Muffins by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Date Sweetened Banana Bread by Herbivore Cucina
- Eggless Banana Chocochip Bread with Cranberries and Coconut Sugar by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Eggless Carrot Coconut Quick Bread by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Eggless Wholewheat Maple Banana Oat Muffins by Spill the Spices
- Einkorn Drop Biscuits with Peaches and Blueberries by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- English Granary-Style No Knead Bread by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grape Bread by The Bread She Bakes
- Healthy Banana & Blueberry Bread by Baking in Pyjamas
- Honey Almond Banana Muffins by Baking Yummies
- Honey Cider Quick Loaf by Food Lust People Love
- Honey Cornbread by Magnolia Days
- Honey Oat Pain de Mie by Hostess At Heart
- Honey Pineapple Pull-Apart Rolls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jackfruit Honey Bread by The Schizo Chef
- Jackfruit Semolina Muffins with Jaggery by My Cooking Journey
- Mangalore Buns by Sneha’s Recipe
- Maple Bacon Cheddar & Pickle Pull-Apart Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Maple Pecan Scones by Cook’s Hideout
- Maple Oatmeal Bread by A Baker’s House
- Pain au Levian avec Banane by What Smells So Good?
- Tangerine Honey White Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Thanks for joining in the fun! Hope to see you next month for #breadbakers !