Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes offer a cute, portable dessert fit for kids of any age.
Sunday Supper Easy Barbecue Recipes for Memorial Day
Memorial Day is almost here, the unofficial start to summer. But more importantly, the start of Barbecue season! Not only is grilling a healthy way to cook, it’s so much fun! Gather you friends for the perfect summer BBQ. We don’t only want to see entrees, can you wow us with a dessert on the barbecue? Or maybe some scrumptious sides and snacks? We want to easy and delicious BBQ goodies!
Whenever I’m invited to a family or friends BBQ cookout, I ask,”What can I bring?” Ninety-nine percent of the time the answer is dessert.
Not because I’m a great dessert maker, desserts are just a safer option. Foods like meats and salads should be under constant refrigeration. Keep these iced in a cooler or store immediately in your host’s fridge until party time.
I have to admit I’d rather have guests at my get-togethers bring desserts, paper goods or drinks.
Ice cream Cone Cupcakes are so easy to make. These kid friendly treats can be left out for help-your-self events.
Use your favorite cake recipe or a box mix makes it even easier!
Line a muffin pan with aluminum foil pockets to hold the cones.
Fill 3/4 of the way with batter. Bake according to package directions.
Cool and frost. That’s it! Dip in sprinkles or jimmies if you like.
These treats never last long! Maybe make extra just in case?
- 12 standard wafer cones
- 1 box cake mix any flavor.
- Vegetable oil and eggs called for on the box.
- 2 cups prepared frosting or homemade
- Sprinkles or jimmies optional
- Fill muffin tins with aluminum foil. Shape into pockets.
- Add cones and fill 2/3 to 3/4 with batter.
- Bake according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Cool, frost and decorate.
Food for thought… What kind of kid friendly items do you offer at family BBQ’s? Special drinks? Desserts? I’d love to hear your suggestions in a comment below!
Special thanks to Christie from a Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting our event!
Enjoy all these Sunday Supper Easy BBQ Recipes to get your party started!
Sunday Supper Easy BBQ Recipes
Best Burgers and Sandwiches
- Barbecue Rib Burgers with Low Carb Sauce by My Life Cookbook
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Burgers by Simple and Savory
- Guava-Ale BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich by Gourmet Everyday
- Turkapple Burgers with Yumback Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Grill Master Mains
- Grilled Red Snapper with Cilantro and Onion Stuffing by Food Lust People Love
- Honey Glazed Chicken Kabobs by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Homemade Coleslaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Spicy Grilled Leg of Lamb by Sunday Supper Movement
Mop Worthy Sauces
- Blueberry Sriracha Barbecue Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade “End of Season” Ketchup by What Smells So Good?
Searing Starters and Sides
- Campfire Corn and Tomatoes by Cricket’s Confections
- Grilled Lime Beer Ritas with Smoky Lime Salt by Our Good Life
- Honey Chipotle BBQ Wings by Soulfully Made
- Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce by Asian In America
- All-American Pie Shooter Trio by The Crumby Cupcake
- Flourless Fudge Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini No Bake Coconut Cheescakes by Jonesin’ For Taste
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.