It’s hard to imagine not being part of this group.
Since joining in June of 2012 I’ve got to visit Portugal with Isabel , Germany with Beate and Buenos Aires with Paula. Faye escorted me around Malaysia and Kim showed me hidden places in Japan. I stopped by for quick UK visit with Laura .
I got schooled on wine with Martin and made new friends like Tammi .
Constance took me on tour of Alaska where I saw the Northern Lights and got to eat Moose Meatballs! If that wasn’t enough, Soni introduced me to the warm spices of India while Sarah , Kim and Tara shared some Canadian hospitality with me.
Amanda even sent me on a quest through Morocco for Middle Eastern foods last November.
Then I toured the United States and found more new foods to fall in love with from southern favorites served by Renee and Karen , mid-west favorites from Liz and Alida , southwest flair with Nicole , Donna and Heather and hit the west coast with Susan .
I got some pointers on eating better from Sue and Alaiyo from around Washington DC. While I was there, I said hi to Amber .
Finally back home to the northeast where Susan , Brianne , Heather , and I shared a cocktail and great meal and of course Carla’s tempting desserts!
Now I know I haven’t mentioned visiting everyone but we all broke bread together around the Sunday Supper table at one time or another. Even some for real like Krayl , Amy , Katie and Adriana at the Food and Wine Conference .
All these stops were accomplished with a little imagination.
On this journey I made a stop to Bake for the Cure with www.chantal.com/ Chantal get outdoors with Merrell and cook with Sara, Emeril and Shaina. I even spent a few meals at the AmFam table.
It is no wonder Imagine is one of my favorite songs. That’s also why the Music Inspired Sunday Supper was one of my favorites!
So I put together a stew that uses your imagination. There is turkey and potatoes like at Thanksgiving and greens reminiscent of the first days of spring. Black beans guide a tour south-of-the-border. You’ll find shells to take you down by the sea and Parmesan for a trip to Italy and mirepoix of France. And bacon, well it’s bacon people!
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 strips of bacon chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into -inch pieces
- 2 cups mini pasta shells
- 4 cups baby greens (any combination, spinach, arugula, mustard, collard, kale)
- 4 cups cooked turkey
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch Oven, saute celery, onions bacon and garlic in olive oil until crisp tender.
- Add stock, potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook about 10 minutes, add pasta. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes until vegetables and pasta are cooked.
- Add turkey, greens and beans and heat thoroughly. Add Parmesan, salt and pepper.
It took a great deal of thought, dreams, imagination and hard work from Isabel and the Sunday Supper Team to make this movement what it is today. I think this is just the start of something inspiring for years to come.
Thank you Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake for hosting this Sunday Supper Second Birthday Bash!
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.