Italian Chicken Meatballs tempt your guests with Asiago cheese and Italian herbs rolled into flavor-filled ground chicken. Perfect for awards night or family dinner.
This week Sunday Supper is straightening our bow ties and dusting off our Top Hats!
It’s Awards season and we want to look our best!
I just got an invitation through the mails:
“Your presence requested this evening,
It’s formal, a top hat, a white tie and tails. “
Nothing now could take the wind out of my sails.
Because I’m invited to step out this evening
With top hat and white tie and tails.
Well maybe we can skip the formal dress. We are not skipping on fancy appetizers!
Elegant apps are festive fun no matter which kind of party you throw. You can do so much with a few good appetizers to set the atmosphere for awards time. Here’s some ideas:
- Base your small plate affair around the nominees.
- You can recreate foods from the films.
- Do a little research on the vying actors’ favorite foods.
- Maybe have your guests “vote” for their favorite appetizer with their empty picks placed in the appropriate discard bag.
Whatever way you choose to match your meal to your party, remember to enjoy yourself. It’s YOUR party too!
Thank you Wendy from Wholistic Woman for hosting our event!
Italian Chicken Meatballs show off your taste for International flair. Flavored with nutty, sweet hand-grated Asiago cheese, fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, robust dried rosemary, thyme, basil and marjoram. Soft Panko breadcrumbs and olive oil balance these flavors.
These meatballs may easily win the best appetizer award at your house!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix together chicken, cheese, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Add enough crumbs to hold mixture together. Form mix into loose 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs, turn quickly to coat with oil on all sides. Reduce heat and brown meat on all sides.
- Finish off in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165. Keep warm.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce if desired.
Food for Thought…Which award shows are on your must see list? Gotta see the Grammys? Aching over the Academy Awards? Pining for the People’s Choice? I’d love to hear your thoughts AND menu ideas in a comment below!
Enjoy serving these award winning inspired appetizers from the Sunday Supper Tastemakers at your next party!
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Ham and Mustard Spirals by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by Sunday Supper Movement
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.