Kamut Cloverleaf Rolls bring whole grain goodness to hearty dinner rolls.
Welcome to another addition of Bread Bakers!
Share your favorite holiday breads from around the world, made healthier with whole grain flours.
Thanks Kalyani from Sizzling Tastebuds for hosting this event.
I try to add a bit of whole grain flour to most of my breads and rolls. The trick is to use the freshest flour and limit the amount. Using my home flour mill from WonderMill makes the fresh part easy.
Whole grains like kamut, spelt and tend to heavy. I add about 1/4 of the total flour these to bread flour or all-purpose flour mixes. Bob’s Red Mill Artisan Bread Flour is my first choice for yeast breads.
Other grains with less gluten like oats, rye, teff, millet or rice will need a starch added to get a better texture. The Food Network has recipes for gluten-free flour mixes here.
Kamut Cloverleaf Rolls freeze well too. This recipe makes a dozen rolls. I like to have dinner rolls on hand for when a little bread goes great with the meal. Just a bit of bread to mop up dishes with sauces and gravies ;).
- 1 packet dry activated yeast (1 1/4 teaspoons) (I use Red Star Premium)
- 1 cup warm water (110 to 120 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups flour flour plus 1/4 cup for dusting (I use Bob's Red Mill Artisan Bread Flour)
- 1/4 cup kamut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix together 1/2 the flours, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Add warm water.
- Add the rest of the flour to make a soft dough Knead until smooth.
- Cover and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 36 equal pieces. Roll into balls.
- Place 3 balls each per cup into a lightly greased muffin tin compartments.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes until brown and sound hollow when tapped.
- Brush with oil about 5 minutes before bread is completely baked or immediately from the oven.
- Cool on a rack.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy all these tasty breads from us at #BreadBakers!
- 100% Whole Wheat Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Eggless Whole Wheat Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls from Spill the Spices
- Gingerbread and Oatmeal Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Kamut Cloverleaf Rolls from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Key-Shaped Challah with Finger Millet from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Khameeri Puri from Sneha’s Recipe
- Oats Whole Wheat Bread from The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- Santa Lucia Buns from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slovak Pasca from Ambrosia
- Spelt Banana Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Whole Wheat Grissini from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Whole Wheat Stollen from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Wholewheat Garlic Flavoured Monkey Bread from Sizzling Tastebuds