Today is National Margarita Day and a few of my blogger friends are sharing some great recipes with you!
When Heather from girlichef.com invited me to join a Margarita party to celebrate National Margarita Day, I froze. She’s a great cook and cocktail creator. Stop by and check out her site.
I’ve never had tequila or a margarita but I have had a nonalcoholic version of this drink. I was totally lost at the idea of creating a drink. I decided I better stick to food.
This was going to be a fun recipe development. All I needed was a food I could feature with a lime and citrus profile.
It did take me a while to pick something. I ran the gamut of dishes I heard of before but never tried. I gave each a try minus tequila. When I went to add my recipe idea chicken was taken. Shrimp too.
Then it hit me. Something light would work. I adapted my Raspberry Mousse recipe for citrus and I think you’ll enjoy the refreshing taste. Lime, lemon and orange blend.
I served the chilled ones in sugar rimmed glasses. I thought it would be fun to eat them. Bite off some sugar from the rim. Eat a spoon of mousse. It really works. Fun fun!
The frozen ones I did not garnish. The texture is somewhere between ice cream and meringue.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup limeade concentrate
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- In a cold bowl, whip cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Bring juices, sugar, limeade concentrate and gelatin to a boil whisking constantly until thickened. Cool. Fold cream into hot mixture.
- cool and enjoy.
Enjoy these great offerings in celebration of National Margarita Day
- Blackberry Margarita from Cooking for My Peace of Mind
- Chili Lime Margarita from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chocolate Margaritas from The Texan New Yorker
- Creamsicle Margaritas from Savvy Eats
- Frozen Mango Margarita from Noshing with the Nolands
- Lilikoi Margarita with Li Hung Mui from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Margaritas Gone Wild from Delaware Girl Eats
- Mixed Berry Margarita from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Mom’s Wicked Margarita from Desserts Required
- Pomegranate Margarita from Daily Dish Recipes
- Spicy Raspberry Frozen Margarita from The Weekend Gourmet
- Tamarind Margaritas from girlichef
- The Great Grapefruit Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Tim G’s Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Baked Margarita Chicken Wings from Healthy. Delicious.
- Chambord Margarita Macarons from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Margarita Cake with Sugar Cookie Crust from Gotta Get Baked
- Margarita Cheesecake Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Margarita Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Margarita Donuts from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Margarita Mousse from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Margarita Shrimp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Margarita Shrimp Tacos from Supper for a Steal
- Strawberry Margarita Sweet Rolls from The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Top Shelf (Margarita) Truffles from Culinary Adventures with Camilla