This month The Bread Bakers group shows off the spoils of the harvest! We are baking our best breads made with summer bounty.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
This month our wonderful Bread Bakers host for Summer Bounty Event is
Pavani from Cook’s Hideout ! Thanks Pavani!
This was a tough theme for me to choose only one bread. It’s zucchini season here and I do love Zucchini bread. I even did a zucchini article for Relish Magazine featuring the recipe.
Lately I’ve fallen in love with fruit breads. Last month I made an oat bread with wild blueberries and dried currants. Delicious!
So it had to be fresh in-season fruit for my contribution. Peaches here are ripe for the picking. Local orchards overflow with bushel baskets everywhere!
Peaches and Cream Bread bakes juicy peaches and sweetened sour cream into a delicious, moist quickbread. I’m not above slathering slices with peach preserves or honey!
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soft shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped skinned peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together brown sugar and shortening
- add eggs, peaches and sour cream
- sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda,salt and cinnamon
- add to wet mixture
- place in well-greased 9-inch loaf pan
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes
- cool in pan 10 minutes
- remove and finish cooling on rack
Enjoy these summer harvest breads straight from the #BreadBakers kitchens!
Breads using Summer Bounty:
- Almond and Carrot Biscuits from Basic N Delicious
- Cheddar Mielie Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bread Pudding from Bakers and Best
- Eggless Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls from Spill the Spices
- Garden Herb Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Herb and Cheese Biscuits from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Herb and Cheese Grissini from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Herbed Butterflaps from Sneha’s Recipe
- Herbs, Spinach and Cheese Bourekas from Cooking Club
- Jalapeño Summer Squash Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Mango Kolache from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Peach & Blueberry Meringue Pull Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Peach Pull-Apart Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peaches and Cream Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pizza Cipolla – Onion Pizza from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Rosemary and Garlic Fougasse from Spice Roots
- Rosemary Breadsticks from A Baker’s House
- Spinach Semolina Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Studded Zucchini Yeast Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Sundried Tomato Focaccia with Sauteed Summer Veggies & Garden Salad from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Tomato, Onion, Parmesan Focaccia from Noshing With The Nolands
- Walnut Oat Crumble Courgette Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Wholewheat Onion, Spinach & Red Pepper Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Wholewheat Zucchini Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Zucchini Oatmeal Bread from Cali’s Cuisine
- Zucchini/Jalapeño/Cheese Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm