Pinot Noir Glazed Salmon would have been a hit with my Dad. Meaty fish with a glass of red wine for dinner. Maybe some pasta first of course.
My Dad was technically first generation Italian. He was born in United States territorial waters in 1909, on a ship about 100 miles off shore of New York.
I don’t have a lot of memories about my Dad, but I do remember that he had a glass of red wine with dinner. He always stopped home for a cooked lunch and he’d hurry back to work. Dinnertime was different. We sat at the table, my Dad, Mom and me.
We talked and ate. After dinner Dad had his cigar and then we’d watch some TV before bed time.
This week Gallo Family Vineyards is joining us around the table in celebrating those special men in our lives this Father’s Day. Dads, Grand Dads, Step Dads and all those individuals that served as father figures and helped shape our lives.
The featured Gallo wines for this week’s Sunday Supper are Pinot Noir and Café Zinfandel.
You can find out more about these great tasting wines at Gallo’s Website:
I chose Gallo Family Vineyard’s Pinot Noir for my salmon glaze. Gallo Pinot Noir is a medium bodied wine provides a smooth and light finish with aromas of cherry and sweet fruit flavors. This wine’s ripe berry and subtle earthy flavors stand up to meaty fish like salmon.
Pinot Noir, red raspberries, dark brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and a hint of cinnamon were reduced into this deep purple glaze. Isn’t it a gorgeous color?
For a smooth glaze, strain out the raspberry seeds.
Bake your salmon at 350 for about 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145.
Drizzle with glaze and garnish with raspberries.
So moist and flaky. The glaze clings to every bite.
- 1 lb salmon filet
- cooking spray
- seafood seasoning
- 1 cup Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Noir
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- raspberries for garnish
- Spray a cast iron skillet, oven safe skillet or casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place salmon skin side down in pan. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes and internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Place wine, raspberries, 1/4 cup brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon and salt in a saucpan. Bring to a boil whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Return glaze ingredients to stove add extra sugar if preferred and simmer until reduces to a glaze consistency.
- Drizzle over salmon and garnish with raspberries.
Can’t decide which wine to serve with your Father’s Day meal? Gallo has a handy Food & Wine Pairing Tool online: http://bit.ly/GalloPairingTool.
To help you celebrate, here is a GFV $1 off digital coupon towards your next purchase of Gallo Family Vineyards wine.
Find a store near you, use Gallo’s handy Store Locator .
Stay in touch with Gallo for up to date news and happenings at Gallo Family Vineyards!
Visit their website at http://www.gallofamily.com/
Enjoy more great ideas for Father’s Day from Sunday Supper! Happy Father’s Day!
Father’s Day Salads and Main Dishes:
- Avocado and Quinoa Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Lentil Chilaquiles Casserole by Shockingly Delicious
- Barbecue Chicken with Pinot Noir Blueberry Sauce by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken in a Caramelized Onion Wine Sauce by Family Foodie
- Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Pinot Noir Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- French Onion Soup au Gratin Stuffed Meatballs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Southwestern Zinfandel Glaze by Cooking On The Ranch
- Jambalaya Kabobs by Foxes Love Lemons
- Man Burgers Stuffed with Pinot Noir Caramelized Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Marinated Flank Steak by The Foodie Army Wife
- Mushroom Topped Pinot Noir Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pinot Noir Glazed Salmon by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction Sauce with Grilled T-Bone Steak by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Red Wine Meatball Subs by Momma’s Meals
Father’s Day Sweets and Treats:
- Angel Food Cake Smores Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Cafe Zinfandel Cake & Pinot Noir Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Cherry Pinot Noir Pie by girlichef
- Chocolate Decadence with Cafe Zinfandel Whipped Cream and Raspberry Sauce by Desserts Required
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake by Magnolia Days
- Pinot Noir Dark Chocolate Truffles by Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.