Pumpkin Cornbread combines pumpkin with cornbread and Fall spices to produce a moist, savory treat!
Welcome to another fun addition of #BreadBakers!
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Our September theme…
Use actual pumpkin or pumpkin spices in your bread.
Fall is just around the corner. Time to think about those long hayrides, apple picking, corn mazes and pumpkin patches.
The season brings cooler weather and I find myself baking more often.
Cornbread is one of my favorites and I make several kinds like Easy Cornbread Stuffing. Some like it sweet. Some like it savory. I like it with pumpkin!
Thank you Kylee from Kylee Cooks for hosting this event! Stop by her blog and show her some #BreadBakers love!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter for coating pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Preheat a 8 to 9-inch cast iron skillet for 5 minutes
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk and molasses.
- Add wet to dry ingredients. Stir.
- Carefully remove hot pan from oven. Brush with butter. Fill with cornbread mixture to about 1/4-inch from the top. Bake any extra batter off as muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Cool entire pan on wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
This cornbread can be baked in a cast iron skillet or 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
Food for Thought…What great ideas do you have for using pumpkin this fall? I’d love to hear your ideas in a comment below!
Stop by these #BreadBakers for some delicious pumpkin bread ideas!
- Almost Vegan Chocolate and Pumpkin Loaf Cake by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Brown Butter & Pumpkin Seed Scones by Food Above Gold
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Quick Bread by Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts and a Trio of Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hearty Whole Wheat Bread with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Italian Pumpkin Bread by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Lal Bhoplyachya Gharge by Sneha’s Recipe
- Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Bread by Plated Cravings
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl by A Baker’s House
- Pumpkin Cardamom Buns by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Pumpkin Chocolate Babka by House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Cornbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling by Cook’s Hideout
- Pumpkin Pepita Muffin Tops by A Salad For All Seasons
- Pumpkin Pie Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls by Kylee Cooks
- Pumpkin Raisin Scones by Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Ricotta Pull Apart Buns by Food Smart Mom
- Pumpkin Sour Cherry Sourdough Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Pumpkin Spice Ale Soft Pretzels by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Spice Raisin Bread with Kinako by What Smells So Good?
- Pumpkin Spice Swirl Quickbread by Baking in Pyjamas
- Multigrain Pumpkin Bread by Herbivore Cucina
- Two Tone Pumpkin Bread by Passion Kneaded
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Sandwich Loaf by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Yeasted Pumpkin Bread by Veena’s Vegnation