Santa’s Thumbprint Cookies are for Santa and good boys and girls everywhere. Tender sugar cookie rolled in nuts with a dollop of strawberry jam.
Welcome to Day four of #ChristmasCookiesWeek!
Enjoy 5 days of terrific Christmas cookie recipes from over 40 food bloggers! Thank you Ellen Folkman from Family Around the Table for hosting this event!
All the boys and girls want Santa to bring them what they want for Christmas. Kids everywhere will leave a dish of cookies and a drink for Santa.
Making cookies for Santa brings back memories. As a kid I’d leave a plate of handpicked homemade cookies from my Mom’s stash for the jolly elf. A glass of milk, sometimes hot cocoa to seal the deal.
In the morning there would be presents, an empty dish and a half empty glass. Sweet.
When my daughter was little, we added reindeer food in the form of oatmeal flakes we sprinkles on the lawn.
These thumbprints appeared every Christmas at our house. A batch of these are sure to please Santa and his helpers.
Santa’s Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Lightly beat egg whites, set aside.
- Cream together butter, shortening and brown sugar. Add yolk and vanilla.
- Work in flour and salt to form a dough.
- Divide dough into 24 balls. Dip in egg whites and roll in nuts.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently press an indent on top. Fill with jam. Return to the oven for an additional 8 minutes. Cool on sheet a few minutes before transferring to rack to cool.
Enjoy these delicious cookies from us at #ChristmasCookies!
- Caramel-Stuffed Snickerdoodles by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Cake Mix Christmas M&M Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies by Frugal Pantry
- Coffee-Kissed Pizzelle by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti by Making the Most of Naptime
- Frosted Peppermint Sugar Cookies by My Southern Sweet Tooth
- Gingerdoodles by Making Miracles
- Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Mexican Chocolate Chip Crinkle Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pignoli Cookies by Love and Confections
- Peppermint Macaroons by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Place Setting Sugar Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Santa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Santa’s Thumbprint Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings