“How Do You Celebrate National Pasta Month?”
A Recipe ReDux Member Recipe Challenge
October is National Pasta Month and the National Pasta Association wants to find out which pasta recipe fits into your healthy lifestyle. The Pasta Fits Campaign is encouraging ReDux members to feature pasta as the perfect foundation to a healthy recipe as it boosts energy, satisfies hunger and can be paired with vegetables and lean proteins to create delicious meals.
My Shrimp and Chicken Angel Hair Pasta fits the bill. Instead of sauce I infuse flavor into the shrimp, chicken and pasta. This method replaces heavy coated noodles with a light coating of cooking liquid. A little pasta water added to the mix will thicken those delicious juices.
This dish satisfies you without that “stuffed after leaving the table” feeling.
You can cook the shrimp, chicken pieces and aromatics in the time it takes for the pasta water to boil. Start to finish this recipe is ready in about 20 minutes.
Connect with The National Pasta Association for news and information.
- ½ lb Angel Hair Pasta
- ½ lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ lb chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Cook Angel Hair Pasta according to package directions. Reserve liquid.
- While water is heating, saute shrimp, chicken, shallot and garlic in oil for 2 minutes in a large skillet. Add broth, lemon juice, vinegar and peppers. Simmer about 4 minutes longer until shrimp is pink and opaque and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add dill and cooked pasta. Toss. Add pasta water as needed to help thicken sauce. (about 2 to 3 Tablespoons)
“By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the National Pasta Association and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”